• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Cricket Trivia - 'SJS format'

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
I think this should be the one.

England versus Pakistan - Oval - August 1967

Pakistan, trailing bt over 200 on first innings were down in the dumps at 53 for 7. In walked young Asif Iqbal to join Javed Burki.

A little later Burki fell for 7. 65 for 8.

In came Intikhab Alam at number ten. Asif and Intikhab put on 190 runs for the ninth wicket before both fell at the score of 255. Intikhab scored 51.

Asif Iqbal, the number 9, scored 146. It was 57.25% of the team total and a whopping 72,2 % of the 202 runs scored while he was at the crease.

Engle

State Vice-Captain
Spot on SJS, it was quite Asif's match with wickets to boot. A feat not likely to be achieved anytime soon.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Three Indians are the only sub-continental players to have achieved this feat? Who are these players and what's the feat ?

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
I really like this (the way you are systematically trying to narrow in on the answer). This is exactly what this quiz format was made for. Not just wild guessing and them giving up since wild guesses are just that - wild :)

archie mac

International Coach
I really like this (the way you are systematically trying to narrow in on the answer). This is exactly what this quiz format was made for. Not just wild guessing and them giving up since wild guesses are just that - wild :)
That is because I have no idea:laugh:

Would they be proud?

bagapath

International Captain
taking a wild swing.. kaluvitharana style...

shastri, dravid and tendulkar - double centurians in australia?

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Three Indians are the only sub-continental players to have achieved this feat? Who are these players and what's the feat ?

1. Bowling?.....No
  2. Batting?.....Yes
  3. Test Cricket?.....Yes
  4. Is the feat in any way connected to the scoring of centuries?.....No
  5. Would they be proud?.....Yes
  6. Is it to do with carrying the bat through an innings?.....No
  7. shastri, dravid and tendulkar - double centurians in australia?.....No

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Is there a surprise or less well known name or are the three names from among what you could loosely call the "likely suspects" ie Gavaskar, Tendulkar, Dravid, Azharuddin, Ganguly, Laxman, Vengsarkar etc?