• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Cricket Trivia - 'SJS format'

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Consider this only if the answer to 9 is yes

11. Was the person who did it also the captain of the side ?

Edit (1) - ignore this. what I am thinking about happened in an Ashes Test
Edit (2) - isn't this a smart way to increase the post count :)
No.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
CLUE - Note this is feat (involving batting)and not a record and the Aussie only tops a list.Also note the words in the question .."it in a way highlights the failure of the individual":)

Tapioca

State Vice-Captain
12. I'll take a risk - a right-handed opening batsman ?

Added:

13. To be considered only if the answer to the above is yes - did Bruce Mitchell do something very similar ?

Last edited:

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
12. I'll take a risk - a right-handed opening batsman ?

Added:

13. To be considered only if the answer to the above is yes - did Bruce Mitchell do something very similar ?
Question 12 - Yes :)

Question 13 - Yes

So you know the answer ....What is it ?:)

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
For anyone else wanting to have a go-
Clue - He made his Test debut quite late.

The record/Feat involves a combination effort.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Still no takers.

CLUE - The list this Australian tops involves runs made in 2 innings. * That's really giving this away* :)

JBMAC

State Captain
Is it Rodney Hoggs "diamond duck" at Birmingham in 1981.There have been only two recorde in Cricket History."Diamond Duck" is being run out without facing a ball. A chap by the name of Atewell in about 1884 was the other I think.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Q 15 Is it Rodney Hoggs "diamond duck" at Birmingham in 1981.There have been only two recorde in Cricket History."Diamond Duck" is being run out without facing a ball. A chap by the name of Atewell in about 1884 was the other I think.
No, its an opening batsman's batting record ,while worthy also highlights failure , as previously mentioned.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Sorry about being away.

Bruce Laird scored 92 & 75 on his debut - which is the most runs on debut without a hundred.
http://content-aus.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/63253.html

Bruce Mitchell made 88 & 61*
Thats absolutely spot on, Tapi.

Bruce Laird unfortunately made his Test debut against West Indies (of all Teams-with the pace battery of Garner, Marshall,Holding and co) in 79-80 IIRC. He was late debutant (I think he was 30 or 31 years at debut) thanks to World Series Cricket where he had played for 3 or 4 years.

On debut he made 92 and 75 -for a tally of 167 runs... Thats the most runs made by a Test debutant without actually scoring a hundred...which unfirtunately highlights a failure to convert to 100.

Laird was the top scorer for the Aussies in that series against the pace battery of West Indies, IIRC.

Tapi's turn to post next question.:)