• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Cricket Trivia - 'SJS format'

bryce

International Regular
he didn't like his old name so he changed it to merchant because he was a merchant ?

in other words i have no idea...

bryce

International Regular
SJS said:
YESSS
I sneak out from the rear doors with my labradors. :crutch:

BTW, do you know why he was called Merchant and not Thackersey ?
I wont blame you foor not answering nor ban you for giving wrong answers which I couldnt tell from right ones anyway :p :p
LOL! i noticed that ages ago, i just didn't think it would be that simple, oh well good stuff jason

deeps

International 12th Man
who wins? me or jason!? i guessed the name first! i just want half the credit here :P jason can be the QM

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
bryce said:
LOL! i noticed that ages ago, i just didn't think it would be that simple, oh well good stuff jason
Not So quickly, Mate! You or Deeps should ask next one !!

I guess since it was you that mentioned Vijay Merchant first, it has to be your turn for next question!!

I'm heading for the bed !! Early start tomorrow !! :sleepy: :sleep1:

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
bryce said:
he didn't like his old name so he changed it to merchant because he was a merchant ?

in other words i have no idea...
The fellow who went to admit him to school was asked by the clerk what was his surname.

This fellow did not know what is the meaning of the word 'surname'

The clerk then asked, "Who is his father?"

This fellow said A Merchant

So the clerc entered that as the surname of the child and it stayed !

deeps

International 12th Man
no1 seems to be around, so here's my question...
CRICKET QUESTION 2:
I am a famous cricketer from the past, who would have become a fisherman, if not for a very observant family member. Who am I, what was my relation with the observant family member, and what did the family member observe?

deeps

International 12th Man
CRICKET QUESTION 2:
I am a famous cricketer from the past, who would have become a fisherman, if not for a very observant family member. Who am I, what was my relation with the observant family member, and what did the family member observe?

Q1. Are you from India? YES (Samuel_Vimes)

Q2. Am I a pre-WW2 person? NO (marc71178)

Last edited:

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
deeps said:
CRICKET QUESTION 2:

Q3 Have I scored 34 test centuries and does my family name start with G and end with R :p

deeps

International 12th Man
CRICKET QUESTION 2:

Q3. Q3 Have I scored 34 test centuries and does my family name start with G and end with R? YES

Q4 .Was the relative my mother's brother and were his initials MM? YES

ok, you obviously know who it is! now tell me, who noticed what

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Samuel_Vimes said:
An elaborate method of bending the rules ;)
THis was too easy. Deeps must ask another one. In any event I have BANNED myself from asking questions since I am 'overage, :p

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
deeps said:
CRICKET QUESTION 2:

Q3. Q3 Have I scored 34 test centuries and does my family name start with G and end with R? YES

Q4 .Was the relative my mother's brother and were his initials MM? YES

ok, you obviously know who it is! now tell me, who noticed what
Madhav Mantri, Gavaskar's mama (mother's brother) noticed something about the infant which was not there when he saw the child the next time.

I can look up and find out from Sunny's biography what it was.

deeps

International 12th Man
it was his uncle who noticed a hole in his left ear lobe.....the next day, it wasnt' there, and was found next to a fisherwoman's cot.

was it really that easy?!

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
deeps said:
it was his uncle who noticed a hole in his left ear lobe.....the next day, it wasnt' there, and was found next to a fisherwoman's cot.

was it really that easy?!
I remembered it was something about his ear but not exactly what.

Anyway, I think you must ask another one.

deeps

International 12th Man
this is probably an easy one, but i can't think of anything else! sorrY!

CRICKET QUESTION 3:
I once vomitted , on the turf infront of a nation wide audience. I then went on to win the man of the match award. Who am I?