• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Cricket Trivia - 'SJS format'

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
JASON said:
That's something more appropriate for OFF TOPIC isn't it ? In fact I saw a thread started by SJS in Off Topic along those lines ?

I have no problem continuing with that question, but then hereafter, Let no man and his Dog preach to others on quality of Posts !! :D :laugh: :laugh:
1) When I posted on quality of threads I was talking aboult the inapropriate language etc and not that they were off topic.

2) If you felt it was off topic (my question) you should have said so. I would have posted another one. Yes I agree my question was off topic, sort of but why shouldnt I be allowed to post another one. But I promise you that question would have been fun too.

3) There is a tendency by some to pretend to own certain threads. I think thats not right. It isnt the first time that such a thing has happened. There is an attitude problem here.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Q10) First 200 in each century? No

Ok, in time honoured fashion it's time for a recap & a clue:

Q1) Is it an international achievement? Yes
Q2) Is it the first to do something in a certain timeframe? Yes
Q3) Is it a batting achievment? Yes
Q4) A career achievement ? No
Q5) The first run in each century? No (but right sort of area)
Q6) A first class record ? No
Q7) First century in each century? No (but warmer yet!)
Q8) First century in each format ? (test, ODI's, 20/20) No (still right sort of general area tho!)
Q9) First 50 in each century? No (colder now! :D )
Q10) First 200 in each century? No

First clue: It was achieved once in the 19th century, then not achieved for over 100 years, but has been achieved twice relatively recently.

Also don't get too hung up on timeframes; the "timeframe" of this achievement is peculiar to cricket! :)

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
I've got a question, just need to actually research the facts.

PS. Dale, you listening to Radio 1's big Weekend? Or anyone else for that matter.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Jamee999 said:
One is Charles Bannerman though.
Yep, good call.

The others are Davey Houghton for Zimbabwe (121 v India) & Aminul Islam for Bangladesh (145 also v India).

& no, I'm watching Hull v Bradford on Beeb One. :)

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Here's my, slightly cryptic question.

Jack is the normal, Tich is double, Johnny is triple, Mike is quadruple and Neil is 5 times

What is the link?