• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Cricket Trivia - 'SJS format'

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
SJS said:
It cant be the highest number of "career" catches of one bowler record. I doscarded that long ago since Mark Taylor cant be considered unworthy.
:oops: It was an error !! I had overlooked Mark Taylor !!

51 c MA Taylor b SK Warne Australia
44 c DPMD Jayawardene b M Muralitharan Sri Lanka

Hence the question was worded for Mahela Jayawardene !! (who I had mistakenly presumed as the record holder !! :D )

Jason's banned for making erroneous questions !! :banned: :banned: :laugh: :laugh:
SJS can ask next question !! :D

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
JASON said:
51 c MA Taylor b SK Warne Australia
44 c DPMD Jayawardene b M Muralitharan Sri Lanka

Hence the question was worded for Mahela Jayawardene !! (who I had mistakenly presumed as the record holder !! :D )
:huh: Why is Mahela Jayawardene not expected to hold the record and "the fact this person holds this record only exemplifies the poor bowler's bad fate" - he often fields in the slips for Sri Lanka and is one of their better fielders and catchers IMO...

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Somerset said:
:huh: Why is Mahela Jayawardene not expected to hold the record and "the fact this person holds this record only exemplifies the poor bowler's bad fate" - he often fields in the slips for Sri Lanka and is one of their better fielders and catchers IMO...
He is more famous for the number of catches he grasses than the number he holds !! :D :D That's why he is generally considered to be not worthy of holding such a record that exemplifies the fielder in a sense along with the bowler !! :D

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
JASON said:
He is more famous for the number of catches he grasses than the number he holds !! :D :D That's why he is generally considered to be not worthy of holding such a record that exemplifies the fielder in a sense along with the bowler !! :D
Haha, well I'll take your word for it considering you'll know more about Sri Lankan cricket...just IMO he appeared to be a decent fielder though.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Somerset said:
Haha, well I'll take your word for it considering you'll know more about Sri Lankan cricket...just IMO he appeared to be a decent fielder though.
I'd say Poor Murali has lost a further 20 wickets at least because of this guy (and his butter fingers) !! :)

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
OK The following picture to me exemplifies the ultimate enjoyment the games thrills can provide -

Question - Who is the batsman ? (Bonus for those who can identify the two dancing fielders!! :D and One Million dollars for those who identify each and every spectator !! :laugh: :laugh: )

Let the questions begin !!

Attachments

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
JASON said:
OK The following picture to me exemplifies the ultimate enjoyment the games thrills can provide -

Question - Who is the batsman ? (Bonus for those who can identify the two dancing fielders!! :D and One Million dollars for those who identify each and every spectator !! :laugh: :laugh: )

Let the questions begin !!
Jason, you seem to have forgotton that you asked me to ask the next question which I did !!