• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Cricket Trivia - 'SJS format'

bryce

International Regular
nah nah its alright, the whole point of doing that was that i would accept the ban, i would rather the rest of the people have an extra query than me being allowed to play thank you.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
bryce said:
nah nah its alright, the whole point of doing that was that i would accept the ban, i would rather the rest of the people have an extra query than me being allowed to play thank you.
No. I think, as I said before, a ban is too harsh. The idea is basicaly to avoid just a flurry of wild shooting. But I agree that sometimes a query will have to be in the form of a question.

So its not a hard and fast rule yet, we are still in the nascent stage. Counting it as two queries is probably a fairer and more practical option.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Q 10 Was his career cut short by a Charlie Griffith delivery resulting in life threatening head injury and requiring multiple surgery ?

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
JASON said:
Q 10 Was his career cut short by a Charlie Griffith delivery resulting in life threatening head injury and requiring multiple surgery ?
CRICKET QUESTION # 1 A cricketing great, there is something peculiar about my name ? Who am I and whats the peculiarity about my name.
Q1 Is he a great Batsman from the past ? YES
Q2 Did he play for a southern hemisphere team? ....NO
Q3 Did he play international cricket for England?....NO
Q4 Is he from the subcontinent?....YES
Q5. Is he from India? ... YES
Q6: Did he ever open the innings for India?....YES
Q7 is it Farokh Engineer...NO
Q8 is his name peculiar because he was actually an engineer...No (naturally)
Q 9 Did he play for Karnataka in Ranji Trophy....NO
Q 10 Was his career cut short by a Charlie Griffith delivery resulting in life threatening head injury and requiring multiple surgery ?......NO

Q 10 Was his career cut short by a Charlie Griffith delivery resulting in life threatening head injury and requiring multiple surgery ?......NO

FIRST HINT : He was from Bombay.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
JASON said:
Q11 Is the peculiarity about his name to do with a girl's name (his first name I mean)?
CRICKET QUESTION # 1 A cricketing great, there is something peculiar about my name ? Who am I and whats the peculiarity about my name.
Q1 Is he a great Batsman from the past ? YES
Q2 Did he play for a southern hemisphere team? ....NO
Q3 Did he play international cricket for England?....NO
Q4 Is he from the subcontinent?....YES
Q5. Is he from India? ... YES
Q6: Did he ever open the innings for India?....YES
Q7 is it Farokh Engineer...NO
Q8 is his name peculiar because he was actually an engineer...No (naturally)
Q 9 Did he play for Karnataka in Ranji Trophy....NO

FIRST HINT : He was from Bombay.
Q11 Is the peculiarity about his name to do with a girl's name (his first name I mean)?…..NO

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
JASON said:
Good Work Bryce !! I won't tell, and as long as Adamc and the on line visitors (who ever they are) don't tell you are OK!!
I had read it but while I was answering yours (regarding the debut scores) ....poof...they were gone :-O

deeps

International 12th Man
am i vijay merchant? for the following reason?

Like when Marathi novelist N.S. Phadke happened to meet Vijay Merchant around the time Kamalatai Phadke was expecting. Phadke reportedly said to Merchant, "During the coming Kanpur test if I get a don and you score a double century, I’II name him Vijay."

The rest was naming history: The Phadke household got a son, Vijay Merchant did score a double century, and Kamalatai’s son did get named Vijay.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Q 13 Was the peculiarity with the name to do with a world famous musician?....NO

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
deeps said:
am i vijay merchant? for the following reason?

Like when Marathi novelist N.S. Phadke happened to meet Vijay Merchant around the time Kamalatai Phadke was expecting. Phadke reportedly said to Merchant, "During the coming Kanpur test if I get a don and you score a double century, I’II name him Vijay."

The rest was naming history: The Phadke household got a son, Vijay Merchant did score a double century, and Kamalatai’s son did get named Vijay.
Answering your post in totality ....

NO. And you are banned :p

okay no. We will count it as two queries.
So that makes Q14 and Q15.

:p

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Q14 did he make his Test debut agaist England at Lords in 1946 ?

BTW No hints yet !! (Any others online [Bryce, Jnr] want to ask question feel free)