• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Cricket Trivia - 'SJS format'

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
bryce said:
did you play cricket for both england and australia ? (not 100% sure)
or maybe rugby union for both countries ? or maybe both sports for both countries ?
Bryce, Sammy Woods played 3 Tests for Australia V England (1888) and 3 tests for England v SA (1895/6) . He played Rugby for England. He was born in Australia, but lived most of his life and died in England, Hence my hint Re-Ambivalent questions !!

He played first class cricket till 1910 (which qualifies him to have played in the 20th Century !! :D )

bryce

International Regular
lol i do not know what that 'a' word means.....
but i'll still go ahead with the next question, even though i'm about to turn in so if someone really is craving to do some trivia then go right ahead and ask another question...

What is the most recent instance of a father and son playing in the same first-class match ?

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
bryce said:
lol i do not know what that 'a' word means.....
but i'll still go ahead with the next question, even though i'm about to turn in so if someone really is craving to do some trivia then go right ahead and ask another question...

What is the most recent instance of a father and son playing in the same first-class match ?
Ian and Liam Botham 1993 (sorry that's not it) It's the Streaks for Matabeland !! 1995

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Q 14 Has he been immortalised in a cricket poem ? Not aware of the said peom

AN Hornby who figured in...

Oh my Hornby and my Barlow of long ago

he was a double international in cricket and Rugby . He had the lowest bowling average and the lowest economy rate of all bowlers in the history of the game for test matches !!

1 wicket for zero runs in the 28 balls he bowled in test matches :p

bryce

International Regular
JASON said:
Ian and Liam Botham 1993 (sorry that's not it) It's the Streaks for Matabeland !! 1995
nope thats second, :banned: !!!!!!!!!

nah just joking keep going mate, almost there

bryce

International Regular
lol jas your sharper than me at editing those posts !
correct it was the streaks, thanks i can go to sleep now 8-)

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Question -(Its past bedtime for me but since I am supposedly on study leave, and I don't want my mate SJS to be alone in the thick woods of the cricket web :D , I will pose next question shortly !!)

Question -

One of seven brothers to play first class cricket !! Notable for his cricket and another sport !! Has 2 records still to his name (what are they )?

Can we make it a quick fire round ? :sleepy: I have to hit the sack soon.

Last edited:

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
JASON said:
Question -(Its past bedtime for me but since I am supposedly on study leave, and I don't want my mate SJS to be alone in the thick woods of the cricket web :D , I will pose next question shortly !!)

Question -

One of seven brothers to play first class cricket !! Notable for his cricket and another sport !! Has 2 records still to his name (what are they )?
Did he play test cricket ?

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Question -

Q1 (SJS) Did he play test cricket ? yes

Q 2 (SJS) Did he score a century on debut ? Yes

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
JASON said:
Question -

Q1 (SJS) Did he play test cricket ? yes

Q 2 (SJS) Did he score a century on debut ? Yes
'Tip' Foster. Highest ever score on debut (287) which i9s also the highest score ever by an Englishman in Australia.

One of seven Foster brothers to play first class cricket.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
SJS said:
'Tip' Foster. Highest ever score on debut (287) which i9s also the highest score ever by an Englishman in Australia.

One of seven Foster brothers to play first class cricket.
This is an absolute Champion !! :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

I am off to bed :sleep1: It's Good night from me !!