• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Cricket Trivia - 'SJS format'

Sudeep

International Captain
Okay then, can we revert back to my question, which was answered incorrectly, but assumed to have been correctly. :p

Who holds the record for the maximum number half-centuries in successive Tests, and how many?

deeps

International 12th Man
If you mean maximun number of fifties in successive matches including scores when they pass 100 then it is Andy Flower & Everton Weekes tied with seven consecutive matches where they crossed 50.
If you mean maximum number of fifties in successive matches where the batsman passed 50 but did not exceed 100 then it is Alan Border and Rahul Dravid tied with six consecutive matches where they crossed 50 but did not exceed 100.

this was a stolen answer from bryce.....isn't it correct?

Sudeep

International Captain
deeps said:
If you mean maximun number of fifties in successive matches including scores when they pass 100 then it is Andy Flower & Everton Weekes tied with seven consecutive matches where they crossed 50.
If you mean maximum number of fifties in successive matches where the batsman passed 50 but did not exceed 100 then it is Alan Border and Rahul Dravid tied with six consecutive matches where they crossed 50 but did not exceed 100.

this was a stolen answer from bryce.....isn't it correct?
Including hundreds, yes. But that's not the answer.

And remember it's fifties in successive Tests, not innings. The batsman doesn't necessarily have had to hit two fifites in one match, just one OR two in maximum number of consecutive Tests.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
deeps said:
hmm, it does! ok, your turN! the stat i found said the following

Inzamam ul Huq, R Abel and DG Bradman are the only three batsmen in Test cricket who have individually outscored their opponents total score(both innings combined).
Inzamam ul Huq 329 for Pak v. NZ(73 and 246 = 319) in 2002
R Abel 120 for Eng v SA (47+43= 90) at Cape Town 1888-89
DG Bradman 185 for Aus v Ind (58+98 = 156) at Brisbane, 1947-48.

but ures matches......ur turN!
I'm pretty sure Hayden did it against Pakistan as well

deeps

International 12th Man
Scaly piscine said:
I'm pretty sure Hayden did it against Pakistan as well
ok, in that case, my apologies for asking such a stupid question that has 99999 answerS!

Scaly piscine

deeps said:
ok, in that case, my apologies for asking such a stupid question that has 99999 answerS!
Well it's not like I could set any interesting stat-based questions anyway, about the best I can do is Who Am I? and cricket name hangman

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Scaly piscine said:
Well it's not like I could set any interesting stat-based questions anyway, about the best I can do is Who Am I? and cricket name hangman
Good evening gentlemen.
:)
Finding answers is hard enough but finding questions...... :p

Scaly piscine

Who Am I? I scored my highest Test innings against West Indies who I average over 70 against, I've played more Tests against Zimbabwe than any other team and was suspended for a significant number of games.