• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Cricket Trivia - 'SJS format'

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Who am I? I'm the youngest of 10 children, I've been playing First Class cricket for over 3 years, I have represented my country at Test level but not at One-day level.

Am I from England? NO
Am I from the sub-continent? NO
Am I from the Carribean? YES

Sudeep

International Captain
Who holds the record for the maximum number half-centuries in successive Tests, and how many?

I'm retiring for the night. :huh:

Last edited:

Scaly piscine

I seem to recall Alec Stewart had 8? in a row and Flintoff is on 7 maybe 8 as well? But I doubt that's the record

bryce

International Regular
Sudeep said:
Who holds the record for the maximum number half-centuries in successive Tests, and how many?
If you mean maximun number of fifties in successive matches including scores when they pass 100 then it is Andy Flower & Everton Weekes tied with seven consecutive matches where they crossed 50.
If you mean maximum number of fifties in successive matches where the batsman passed 50 but did not exceed 100 then it is Alan Border and Rahul Dravid tied with six consecutive matches where they crossed 50 but did not exceed 100.

Scaly piscine

Scaly piscine said:
I seem to recall Alec Stewart had 8? in a row and Flintoff is on 7 maybe 8 as well? But I doubt that's the record
Doing a quick count (dunno if this is cheating), Stewart had 9 Tests in a row where he passed 50, ironically he was only in the winning side on the last Test of the sequence.

deeps

International 12th Man
fine, i shall ask another

There are only three batsmen in Test cricket who have individually outscored their opponents total score(both innings combined).

who are they,and what were their scores,and opponenents scores

Last edited:

deeps

International 12th Man
just to make it clear........the batsman would have batted once, and made "X" amount of runs....the other team batted twice, and made "Y" amount of runs, and then "Z" amount of runs

and only 3 times has X > Y + Z

deeps

International 12th Man
is this one too hard? perhaps you cld find one of the players theN? there are three.....one is sir donald bradman

who are the other two.......name one of them ,and who the opponent was and the scores

viktor

State Vice-Captain
len hutton 364 against australia??
Len Hutton 364
Aus 1st innings: 201
2nd innings: 123

Last edited:

deeps

International 12th Man
hmm, it does! ok, your turN! the stat i found said the following

Inzamam ul Huq, R Abel and DG Bradman are the only three batsmen in Test cricket who have individually outscored their opponents total score(both innings combined).
Inzamam ul Huq 329 for Pak v. NZ(73 and 246 = 319) in 2002
R Abel 120 for Eng v SA (47+43= 90) at Cape Town 1888-89
DG Bradman 185 for Aus v Ind (58+98 = 156) at Brisbane, 1947-48.

but ures matches......ur turN!

viktor

State Vice-Captain
thanks.
ok this one should be easy:
there might be more that make the criteria but still..
I played my first test against the counrty I was born in. then played only three more
I also hold the dubious distinction of being the first batsmen from country I represented, to be run out twice in a match.

Last edited:

Sudeep

International Captain
Alec Stewart with half-centuries in nine consecutive Tests is not the correct answer to my question.

Maybe after answering the current one, we can revert back to this one?