Page 111 of 882 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121161211611 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 13227

Thread: New Cricket Trivia - 'SJS format'

State Vice-Captain membersstand's Avatar
    Question: I'm thinking of a number between one and 500. This number is intereresting in that it is in at least four ways related to cricket. Name three of these.

ANSWERS
    1. Number: The number is 229
    2. A record:
    3. Something important:
    4. Something interesting: 229 is the score South Africa incorrectly calculated as their winning margin when they were eliminated from the 2003 World Cup
    5. Something else: 229 is the lowest score never to be made by a batsman in a completed test innings

20 QUESTIONS
    Question 1: Ferd: Is it over 250? NO
    Question 2: SJS: Is it 229, The lowest score yet to be scored by any batsman in tests ? YES

However it is important in more ways than this. Name 3 of the 4...
    Clue #1: Of the three remaining, one is a record, one is important and one is interesting

Question 3: SJS: is the one which is a record a batting record ? YES
    Question 4: SJS: Is it the Highest number of runs conseded by a Kiwi bowler in a test. 1 for 229 in 70 overs by SL Boock vs Pakistan in 1988-89? NO, not one of the ones I was thinking of

Clue #2: All three remaining answers are related to One Day International Cricket

Question 5: SJS: Is it a dubious record - not one you would be proud to own? NO

Clue #3: The record does not belong to a batsman.

Question 6: chris.hinton: is it 499 the second highest score in first class cricket? NO
    Question 7: Jamee99: Is it the only First Class Score that has been made 4 times in a match? NO
    Question 8: The Baconator: Is it because 229 was scored in the 229th ODI? NO
    Question 9: Bookie: Is it by any chance a partnership record? NO
    Question 10: Bookie: Is it because 229 was the score that made South Africa tie in 'that' match against Sri Lanka in the World Cup '03? YES, that is the 'interesting' one.
    Question 11: Bookie: Is it the fact that a cricket ball's circumference must be 229mm? NO

Last edited by membersstand; 17-01-2005 at 11:31 PM.

The Members Stand
    - the home of all cricket management games

MSN Messenger address: edblax @ gmail . com

Sorry to Cricketweb users for hogging up this space, but forgive me, but we'll shut this ****hole of a question for once and for all.

229 was the score that Bangladesh scored in their first win on home soil against Inida, which also happened to be their 100th ODI.

Question: I'm thinking of a number between one and 500. This number is intereresting in that it is in at least four ways related to cricket. Name three of these.

ANSWERS
    2. A record:
    3. Something important: 229 Is the score Bangladesh made when they won their first home ODI, in their 100th match, against India.
    4. Something interesting: 229 is the score South Africa incorrectly calculated as their winning margin when they were eliminated from the 2003 World Cup
    5. Something else: 229 is the lowest score never to be made by a batsman in a completed test innings

20 QUESTIONS
    Question 2: SJS: Is it 229, The lowest score yet to be scored by any batsman in tests ? YES

Clue #1: Of the three remaining, one is a record, one is important and one is interesting

Question 4: SJS: Is it the Highest number of runs conseded by a Kiwi bowler in a test. 1 for 229 in 70 overs by SL Boock vs Pakistan in 1988-89? NO, not one of the ones I was thinking of

Clue #2: All three remaining answers are related to One Day International Cricket

Question 6: chris.hinton: is it 499 the second highest score in first class cricket? NO
    Question 7: Jamee99: Is it the only First Class Score that has been made 4 times in a match? NO
    Question 10: Bookie: Is it because 229 was the score that made South Africa tie in 'that' match against Sri Lanka in the World Cup '03? YES, that is the 'interesting' one.
    Question 11: Bookie: Is it the fact that a cricket ball's circumference must be 229mm? NO

Question 12:
    Quote Originally Posted by Bookie
    Sorry to Cricketweb users for hogging up this space, but forgive me, but we'll shut this ****hole of a question for once and for all.

229 was the score that Bangladesh scored in their first win on home soil against Inida, which also happened to be their 100th ODI.

Bookie has ever-so eloquently identified the Important (with some help via MSN).
    If anyone wants a go at the record (It's the easiest of the lot) do it now otherwise I'll post the answer.

SJS
    Virus 2 Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bookie

Thats very sweet of you.

As a goodwill gesture, we want you to post the next quetion too

Cheers, SJS. If you want me to give you guys a question, I'll post one within fifteen minutes, then log off, I might come on once agains in the next 4-5 hourse, but I doubt it and you'll have to wait till 10am Australian EST tomroow. Anyway, I'll get to trying to find a challenging question.

QUESTION (fairly easy with a bit of researching): What is the common factor between Andrew Zesers, Kim Barnett, and Pankaj Dharmani?

Clue (as for now), and you probably wont need any more: ODI's

SJS
    Virus 2 Champion!
    All three have played only one ODI each.

SJS
    Virus 2 Champion!
    Sorry. Thats incorrect.

Their highest scores are all made up og the digit 8

Dharmani 8

Zesers 8 not out

Barnett 88

May as well finish of mine...

ANSWERS
    2. A record: 229*, highest ODI score, Belinda Clarke
    3. Something important: 229 Is the score Bangladesh made when they won their first home ODI, in their 100th match, against India.

20 QUESTIONS

Question 12: Is it because 229 was the score that Bangladesh scored in their first win on home soil against Inida, which also happened to be their 100th ODI? YES, this is the important one

The record was 229*, the highest ever ODI score, by Australia's BELINDA CLARKE

I just found my cricket trivia book, so I''ll be back with questions at hand in a few hours time..

SJS
    Virus 2 Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by membersstand
    May as well finish of mine...

The record was 229*, the highest ever ODI score, by Australia's BELINDA CLARKE

[/COLOR]
    Sorry mate,

we thought it was over.

Thanks anyway

Quote Originally Posted by SJS
    Sorry mate,

we thought it was over.

Thanks anyway
    Well it was, I said 3 out of 4..

Their highest scores are all made up og the digit 8

Dharmani 8

Zesers 8 not out

Barnett 88

I think we'll assume this is the correct answer in Bookie's absence. SJS, your turn

SJS
    Virus 2 Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by membersstand
    I think we'll assume this is the correct answer in Bookie's absence. SJS, your turn
    I am a legend. At Lord's hangs a painting of me bowling in a match. Many who are not necessarily cricketers know of me. Who am I ?

I am a legend. At Lord's hangs a painting of me bowling in a match. Many who are not necessarily cricketers know of me. Who am I ?
    Oh no not this one again

I'll get started...

Thread Information