• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Cricket Trivia - 'SJS format'

biased indian

International Coach
SJS said:
You are right. I never said he was an English opening bowler.

Clue Number 2 :He was an English cricketer and was a fast (medium fast) bowler. :sleep:
what is the pupose of this clue when tapioca has already given the way this could be found out 8-) 8-)

Last edited:

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
I was an opening bowler and I hold a unique batting record.

Q1 am i from subcontinent? ..... NO
Q2 Q2. the record was established since 1985 ? .... NO
Q3. Was the bowler a West Indian? .... NO
Q4. do i have more than 100 test wickets??....NO
Q5. Did I retire in the last decade?....NO
Q6. this batting record was achived while batting as 7 down or lower?....YES (to the best of my knowledge
Q7. did i score more than 50 runs during this performance?? .... NO
Q8. Is he from the Southern hemisphere ? ... NO
Q9. is it an individual record ? ...YES
Q10. did he score more than 20 runs? ... NO

HINT # 1 : Its not a record to be proud of !
Clue Number 2 :He was an English cricketer and was a fast (medium fast) bowler

Q11. is it related to 0's??? ... YES (in a way)
Q12. Did he play any Test cricket after the second world war ? ... NO
Q13. Reg Perks most ducks ever in the history of First Class Cricket ?..... NO

Q14. Did he do it in Test cricket ?....NO
Q15. Is the player Robert Peel?.....NO
Q16. did ths person have an FC average of under 15....NOT RELEVANT
QXX. Is it related to a sequence of ducks? ...YES (in a way) Since this question is a repeat (Q11) I am not counting it.[/
I]

HINT # 3 : It was a record spread over four years !!

HINT # 4: It was a record made in English first class cricket but is a world record.

Hint # 5 : It was made in the seventies.

Tapioca

State Vice-Captain
'Non-comp' question :

Are we likely to know his name, or is it someone who is known only (or mainly) for this record ?

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Tapioca said:
'Non-comp' question :

Are we likely to know his name, or is it someone who is known only (or mainly) for this record ?
I doubt if you would know his name. I didnt. But if you guess the record, I will give it to you and accept that as the valid answer.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Tapioca said:
Hmm. I give up. If he from the seventies and was not known to you, I don't fancy my chance.
But cant you try to guess the record? It has at least to do with a string of ducks and the record was spread over four years.

Doesnt that tell something ?