• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who is Australias most feared batsmen

Australia would most miss which batter at the moment

• Hayden

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Langer

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Ponting

Votes: 11 17.7%
  • Martyn

Votes: 10 16.1%
  • Gilly

Votes: 16 25.8%
  • Clarke

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Lehmann

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
I really dont know what to make of 'at the moment' (they arent playing at the time of writing :)).

We cant change the best, most fearful, fastest etc match to match or even fortnight to fortnight.

So going by those playing (and eligible to play) for Australia at present, given their potential (and not their scores in the last few matches), it has to be Hayden. He can both take away the demoralise an attack by dominating it like a Vivian Richards or dominate the entire match by an innings of Bradmanque proportions (in size).

Surely having him on the crease and taking root must cause a huge scare to an opposing captain.

Craig

World Traveller
Matt Hayden.

And I don't care if you call me biased because Hayden is a queenslander and I support them.

Ediit - In true form, so is Ricky Ponting.

Last edited:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
As an Englishman, the one I fear most next summer is Ponting - if he scores big then the whole team will be scoring big with his role at number 3.

bryce

International Regular
from a new zealand point of view looking at the next series, the ones we will be fearing most will be the opening duo of hayden and langer.

tooextracool

International Coach
I expect katich(if picked), lehmann,gilly and martyn(who was quite brilliant on the last tour to england) to be the biggest threats in england next summer.

Eclipse

International Debutant
Disragarding form:

In Test Matches Hayden, Gilly, Ponting in that order IMO..

In ODI's Gilchrist, Ponting, Symonds..

Eclipse

International Debutant
tooextracool said:
I expect katich(if picked), lehmann,gilly and martyn(who was quite brilliant on the last tour to england) to be the biggest threats in england next summer.
why not Australia's two best batsman ?

Buddhmaster

International Captain
Mine would be in order-

Ponting, Gilly then Hayden.

But on the consistent abiltity to hurt the oppostition-Martyn

deeps

International 12th Man
twould have to be gilly....as much as i dislike symonds, he should be on that list

bryce

International Regular
SJS said:
Hey Marc. I like your style :D

PS : You chose your avatar to suit your style or was it the other way around :p
haha i was thinking that too, his avatar suits him perfectly.