• Concerned that they arent adressing vital issues

15 37.50%
  • Couldn't organise a p*ssup in a brewery

13 32.50%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Are you confident in the ICC?

Pinball Champion!

Are you confident in the ICC?

How much confidance do you have in the powers that be in world cricket?
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Don't like using my iPod dock. Ruins battery life too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00 View Post
    Thanks Dick Smith. Will remember to subscribe to your newsletter for more electronic fun facts.

Tim
    In a word...No.
    They're just as useless as the IRB.

Breakout Champion!
    Aren't doing the greatest job in the world, but it could be worse. George Bush could be in charge of cricket

Pinball Champion!
    I'd also like to clarify that the timing of this pole has absolutely NOTHING to do with the ICC recently branding Allan Donald as a chucker...

There's lot of concerns about Umpiring and using Technology as the recent India V Australia series showed !!

They have not bothered to address concerns by many Teams regarding Quality of Umpires and as to why they persistently end up with Poor Umpiring decisions while some others end up with better decisions at crucial times in games etc.

There doesn't seem to be any serious attempt to address issues like this.

At least on the Murali issue, they have finally released results of their analysis and seem to be getting somewhere in resolving it !

The doubters will no doubt (pardon the pun) continue to question the findings, regardless, even if GOD turned up to tell them otherwise !!
    Last edited by JASON; 10-11-2004 at 02:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Langeveldt
    I'd also like to clarify that the timing of this pole has absolutely NOTHING to do with the ICC recently branding Allan Donald as a chucker...
    At least my long standing doubts about his dodgy action have been vindicated !!

Tim
    Yeah but according to this survey even greats like Hadlee, Ambrose, Lillee etc were chuckers.

No, Actually Only Murali is a Chucker and only he needs to go through investigations and allegetions millions of times.

Pinball Champion!
    Shhhhh... *Brushes African country under carpet*

Back on topic please..

State Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim
    Yeah but according to this survey even greats like Hadlee, Ambrose, Lillee etc were chuckers.

I always doubted that many international bowlers actions were not proper ... especially when fast bowlers bowl bouncers, But the naked eye can play tricks on you ! Finally this matter has been scientifically investigated and the results speak for themselves.

The last World Cup was a shambles and it was a miracle the Champions Trophy wasn't infinitely worse being held in September. Then there's the Zimbabwe situation - How the hell am I the only one who voted for the couldn't organise a pi........... so far?

Almost forgot the Kenya situation as well - no matches for 18 months, unbelievable. Any remotely competent sport governing body would have had them playing Tests let alone one-dayers at a competitive level by now.
    Last edited by Scaly piscine; 10-11-2004 at 03:07 PM.

Pinball Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scaly piscine
    September. Then there's the Zimbabwe situation - How the hell am I the only one who voted for the couldn't organise a pi........... so far?
    Because I haven't voted... I couldn't think of what was worse than that...

Maybe "It's so tragic i'm laughing.."

SJS
    Virus 2 Champion!
    What will they do if another survey in two year's time shows ninety percent of the bowlers in the world bend between 16 and 19 degrees ??

Hike the limit to 20, then 25 !!!

Ridiculous. This is what you get when you think avoiding a problem is a far more convenient than showing the b**** to confront it head on.

The ICC is made up of pansies and takes on cricketers , some 'legendry' (and administrators) who are better suited to take on Koffi Annan's job than of the President of a crisis ridden country.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend honestbharani's Avatar
    I think the ICC have made a lot of mistakes and they might continue to make a lot of mistakes. But atleast, they keep things under some semblance of control. The Murali issue could have so easily gotten bigger than it already had. So, I think they are doing an average job.
    We miss you, Fardin. :(. RIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    In the end, I think it's so utterly, incomprehensibly boring. There is so much context behind each innings of cricket that dissecting statistics into these small samples is just worthless. No-one has ever been faced with the same situation in which they come out to bat as someone else. Ever.
    A cricket supporter forever

Member of CW Red and AAAS - Appreciating only the best.

Check out this awesome e-fed:

PWE Efed

SJS
    Virus 2 Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by honestbharani
    I think the ICC have made a lot of mistakes and they might continue to make a lot of mistakes. But atleast, they keep things under some semblance of control. The Murali issue could have so easily gotten bigger than it already had. So, I think they are doing an average job.
    I think we say that because we havent seen anything different. Its like the monopoly of a state owned enterprise system. In India we had public sector companies that actually proved (with statistics) that they were amongst the best run companies in the world !!

Came private competition and poof
    They couldnt even survive let alone be considered anywhere near the best.

Its something like that. ICC should not be measured by their own (or MCC's) worse standards of earlier times. They can only be judged (for want of a better measure) by the efficiency with which they function, the speed and quality of their decision making and the professionalism that goes into the decision making process.

On these they will be found wanting by any outside (even non-cricketing) panel of management experts.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information