• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

So the ICC evidence is finally in - and apparently even Glen McGrath chucks...

KennyD

International Vice-Captain
garage flower said:
Yay for KennyD and the Gabba crowd. If you never achieve anything else in your life.....
...I'll always have that D/N to look back on that, and I can say to my Grandchildren, I was part of something special!

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
marc71178 said:
Until they call someone, who then complains that 15 isn't enough, and it's discrimination to not change it.
Hasn't this fifteen been arrived at through extensive research, though?

THe ICC really need to put an idiot's guide to this out with simple words and pretty pictures otherwise only one thing is going to arise soon, and that's major confusion. Come to think of that, if I get my hands on the report, I may try.

Legglancer

State Regular
kasra said:
Will the critics of Murali's action (in this forum and elsewhere) primarily from Australia now apologise for unfairly and unjustifiably persecuting him for almost 10 years?

And for Ian Botham, who without any integrity refused to consider Murali for the ICC awards this year was found to be a chucker. What a hypocrite! Will he be the first to apologise?
Amen to that ..... !

anzac

International Debutant
kasra said:
Will the critics of Murali's action (in this forum and elsewhere) primarily from Australia now apologise for unfairly and unjustifiably persecuting him for almost 10 years?

And for Ian Botham, who without any integrity refused to consider Murali for the ICC awards this year was found to be a chucker. What a hypocrite! Will he be the first to apologise?

nope & nope - as the law stands he's still a chucker re that delivery........... :p

anzac

International Debutant
marc71178 said:
Until they call someone, who then complains that 15 isn't enough, and it's discrimination to not change it.
ahhhh - but only if they've just broken the WR as top wicket taker (by using an illegal action as defined by current laws), are a national icon that walks on water and claims bias / prejudice at the mere hint of any questioning / criticism of him etc etc etc...........

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Neil Pickup said:
Me. I'm still a danger to society.
You never told me your test got terminated in the interests of public safety... just that you went through a red light. :p

maxpower

U19 Cricketer
KennyD said:
I most certainly wont! I take pride at being in the Brisbane crowd couple of years back when Sri Lanka were touring here and Murali was fielding at Deep Mid-Wicket in front of out stand, and boy did everyone let rip at him, including me, with all sorts of chucker related insults. And a little while back when he said he would never tour Australia again because of the way the crowds treated him, I felt so proud, so...powerful! :p
i thought i told you to shut up Bedi.........oh wait its not you bedi, the picture on ur avatar confused me... :D

Langeveldt

Soutie
kasra said:
Haha, yeah.. After hell has frozen over!

A bit of abstract thinking from the ICC... If you accuse everyone else in the world, then maybe people will forget about Murali :D If I didnt love cricket so much, i'd boycott it!

Legglancer

State Regular
anzac said:
ahhhh - but only if they've just broken the WR as top wicket taker (by using an illegal action as defined by current laws), are a national icon that walks on water and claims bias / prejudice at the mere hint of any questioning / criticism of him etc etc etc...........

Yeah but what you are conveniently forgetting is that the rest of the world was also chucking ...... :D so why target one man ??? the ICC should have tested all international bowlers for chucking before banning anyone.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
anzac said:
nope & nope - as the law stands he's still a chucker re that delivery........... :p

Yes, but so are almost all the other bowlers and he DID consider those bowlers for that award, didn't he?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
marc71178 said:
Except who can honestly say they drive now the same as they did in their test?

That is what technology is there for. If people are found to be violating the rules in any game, then heavy bans can be slapped on them and their associations, if need be.

Craig

World Traveller
It must be a great boost to Ramnaresh Sarwan's ego and confidence with the ball, with the knowledge he can justily say he has a 100% legal action.

Although that article to surprise with me with the number of bowlers listed.

KennyD

maxpower said:
i thought i told you to shut up Bedi.........oh wait its not you bedi, the picture on ur avatar confused me... :D
how could you be confused? For a start Bedi is ugly, Yoda is HOT! :p

Dasa

Interesting to see how this news was referred to on the evening news today. All they mentioned was Murali would controversially be allowed to bowl his doosra, without mentioing anything about other bowlers who have been found to be chuckers. Also had some comments from Ponting and Hayden, the usual stuff.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Dasa said:
Interesting to see how this news was referred to on the evening news today. All they mentioned was Murali would controversially be allowed to bowl his doosra, without mentioing anything about other bowlers who have been found to be chuckers. Also had some comments from Ponting and Hayden, the usual stuff.
Mate Are you really surprised by that ? :D

I would have expected nothing better from the Aussie media which has a well established reputation for hounding Murali in the past. (particularly the likes of Robert craddock from the Herald Sun)

Last edited:

JustTool

State 12th Man
Dasa said:
That figures. I am sure the Aussies will oppose anything that even remotely includes any Aussies cricketer doing anything wrong or 'illegal'. I think it's a little hypocritical that all the donkeys who were baying for Murali's blood (and never questioned the veracity or applicability of the rules) aren't now saying athat all the chuckers should be banned :) :wacko: This is really great :)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
honestbharani said:
That is what technology is there for. If people are found to be violating the rules in any game, then heavy bans can be slapped on them and their associations, if need be.
The technology doesn't exist yet to spot it during a game though.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Dasa said:
Interesting to see how this news was referred to on the evening news today. All they mentioned was Murali would controversially be allowed to bowl his doosra, without mentioing anything about other bowlers who have been found to be chuckers.
Are there any bowlers around that have had a delivery banned and that can now use it then?

No there's not.

Anyone else who's been reported has either subsequently been cleared, or have modified their action.