• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Tendulkar Vs Anwar

shaka

International Regular
Except Anwar does have a highest ODI score of above 180, not sure if Tendulkar has done that.

KishanTeli

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
LOL

M I NO RUNS HS AVG S/R 100 50
Saeed Anwar 247 244 19 8823 194 39.21 80.66 20 43

SR Tendulkar 339 330 32 13415 186* 45.01 86.18 37 69

Oh yes I can see the comparision now, Saeed has a better Highest Score then Sachin. 8-)

shaka

International Regular
The highest score is the only thing he is ahead in, that was what I was pointing to.

thirdumpire

School Boy/Girl Captain
KishanTeli said:
LOL

M I NO RUNS HS AVG S/R 100 50
Saeed Anwar 247 244 19 8823 194 39.21 80.66 20 43

SR Tendulkar 339 330 32 13415 186* 45.01 86.18 37 69

Oh yes I can see the comparision now, Saeed has a better Highest Score then Sachin. 8-)
and the 186 is a not out remember, ran out of overs.. the total score being 376 for 2 in 50 overs. he could ave cleared 200 on that day

Buddhmaster

International Captain
Saeed Anwar is not in Sachins League, but he was no mug so there's no need to make fun of this post. And IMO Anwar could be in a top 10 list.

masterblaster

International Captain
Sachin > Saeed, but Saeed was very, very classy. If India had, had an opener like Saeed Anwar, we would've been in a better position today defnitely.

Sehwag and Saeed Anwar opening would've been fantastic.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
thirdumpire said:
and the 186 is a not out remember, ran out of overs.. the total score being 376 for 2 in 50 overs. he could ave cleared 200 on that day
Then why didn't he?

If he batted through the innings and didn't crack it, then how could he have done?

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
thirdumpire said:
So !!

What has that got to do with comarison with Sachin !!

Hobbs never scored a triple century so Sehwag can be compared to him as an opener in test matches because he has one ????

:-O :-O :-O

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Buddhmaster said:
Saeed Anwar is not in Sachins League, but he was no mug so there's no need to make fun of this post. And IMO Anwar could be in a top 10 list.
No my dear. Of course Anwar was no mug. In fact he was a superb batsman in both forms of the game. I rate him above most openers in his time. He was one player one hoped would get a hundred for Pakistan against India as long as Pakistan lost the match !! He was so good to watch.

The 'fun' being made here, is not aimed at Anwar, it is at the thread starter(by which I mean the post not the person). Inspite of being one of the finest openers from the subcontinent in the last two decades, there is no comparison between him and Sachin and this has nothing to do with nationalistic bias.

Last edited:

Sudeep

International Captain
marc71178 said:
Then why didn't he?

If he batted through the innings and didn't crack it, then how could he have done?
*SR Tendulkar not out 186 221 150 20 3
R Dravid c Fleming b Cairns 153 196 153 15 2

Because Dravid too used a significant number of balls for his innings?

Anwar didn't have a partner who occupied significant number of balls. Sure he did bring up his 194 in 146 balls, which was faster than Tendulkar, but he did get out 2-3 overs before, meaning the % of balls he occupied while being at the crease was more than Tendulkar's. If Anwar had gone on to bat through the innings, he'd have ended up with 200+. But the arguement here is that Tendulkar could have to if he had as much strike as Anwar did during his innings.

deeps

International 12th Man
whose to say tendulkar wldnt have got out? the fact is he DIDNT make 200, so that's all we can look at... 186* is his highest score, and 194 is anwars highest score. simple. we can't play god and predict what tendulkar COULD have made.

Anwar was brilliant and very very good. Wont make a top 10 list of best one day batsman ever, but would be in the top 20 IMO. tendulkar would be in the top 5.

Sudeep

International Captain
deeps said:
Anwar was brilliant and very very good. Wont make a top 10 list of best one day batsman ever, but would be in the top 20 IMO. tendulkar would be in the top 5.
Agreed.

Sehwag309

Banned
marc71178 said:
Then why didn't he?

I remember that over - jadeja told him that he will take single and give him the strike..his actions showed that u play ur game, dont worry abt me..