• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Worst ever Test match you have seen

Craig

World Traveller
Has to be Pakistan's two day Test match aagainst Australia in Sharjah in 2002. I have never ever seen such an uncompetitive match involving two Test teams (not counting Zimbabwe and Bangladesh).

Deja moo

International Captain
India vs Sri Lanka......the one in which Sri Lanka scored 900+.........who needs sleeping tablets ?

KennyD

International Vice-Captain
oh yeah that was a bad one, wasn't that with Hayden getting a century and Pakistan were out twice for like two 50's?

Deja moo

International Captain
KennyD said:
oh yeah that was a bad one, wasn't that with Hayden getting a century and Pakistan were out twice for like two 50's?

Yea......the headlines read "Hayden beats Pakistan by an innings and so many runs "

bryce

International Regular
the worst match i have seen was the second test at hamilton between india and new zealand in 2002 in which the highest individual score in the whole match was 39, even though it was quite close in the end and gave new zealand the series win, it was a terrible match from a spectators point of view, the worst thing was i was at the ground.

India in New Zealand, 2002/03, 2nd Test, Westpac Park, Hamilton

Tapioca

State Vice-Captain
India v Pakistan, Ahmedabad, 1986/7.

Not only was it a draw from the first ball but the scoring rate was atrocious. 130 were scored on the first day in 82 overs, 110 on the last. Younis Ahmed batted nearly a full day for 34*

Btw, SM Gavaskar's 10000 was in the same test.

Craig

World Traveller
I suppose Liam will put the Test where Harmison took 7-12 at Kingston or where England whipped his team in two dayys at Headingly?

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Take your pick from most of the 5 drawn tests between India & England in the 1981/82 series. The run rate and over rate were both dire. The thought of India sending down about 12 overs an hour to Boycott & Tavare scoring at 2-an-over still gives me the shivers.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Australia v West Indies at the 'Gabba, I actually paid good money to see that game. It lasted a little under 7 sessions. If it wasn't for Chanderpaul's superb 63* (I think that was his score) I would have punched somebody. Lara was dreadful, and that's who I wanted to see bat.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
I actually found the Sydney test last summer between Australia and India pretty awful. It wasn't so much that it was a terrible match, because there were some great individual performances, but that it never looked like there would be a result on a pitch like that and it was such an anti-climax after a great series.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Mister Wright said:
Australia v West Indies at the 'Gabba, I actually paid good money to see that game. It lasted a little under 7 sessions. If it wasn't for Chanderpaul's superb 63* (I think that was his score) I would have punched somebody. Lara was dreadful, and that's who I wanted to see bat.

Well, it wasn't much of a match, but at least it was memorable for McGrath's match figures.

33-21-27-10

ReallyCrazy

Banned
Craig said:
Yeah I will agree with that.

I doubt I would have survived without falling to heat exhaustion, and I'm a pretty fit guy.

i used to live in the UAE. We used to play in those tempertaures.

Langeveldt

Soutie
a massive zebra said:
South Africa vs England at Durban 1998/99 when Kirsten hit 275 and Hussain bowled for the only time in Tests.
Yeah, but Butcher shouting "OH SH*T!!" When he bowled Kirstin one run short of the SA record was absolutely priceless!

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
I'll testify that the Sydney Test against India was skanktacular. I wanted to see Tendulkar bat, and he repaid me with a strike rate of 40 on an absolute featherbed....

Taking 7 sessions to declare also guaranteed a draw.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Worst test match Ive ever been to was England v Zimbabwe at Trent Bridge in 2000..

We drove up to Lincolnshire the night before, took 7 hours.. Then we drove to the ground and nearly got killed in a crash on the way there...
We eventually got to the ground, it was cold and chucked down with rain the whole day.. So we went back to somerset at 4pm...