• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Worst ever Test match you have seen

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Craig said:
I suppose Liam will put the Test where Harmison took 7-12 at Kingston or where England whipped his team in two dayys at Headingly?
Actually I can appreciate good cricket and England played good cricket on both occasions. That said, the West Indies gave 'ban us from Test cricket' performances in the 2nd innings of each match.

My pick for the worst Test match in memory is West Indies vs Bangladesh 1st Test, 2004. Horrible cricket by the West Indies matched by the Bangladeshi effort in the field.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Langeveldt said:
Worst test match Ive ever been to was England v Zimbabwe at Trent Bridge in 2000..

We drove up to Lincolnshire the night before, took 7 hours.. Then we drove to the ground and nearly got killed in a crash on the way there...
We eventually got to the ground, it was cold and chucked down with rain the whole day.. So we went back to somerset at 4pm...
Hmph. That Lincolnshire... :@

SquidAU

First Class Debutant
The Sydney test between India and Oz earlier this year. Not because India scored 700 odd, but for the fact that Brett Lee had SO much bad luck in the 1st and 2nd innings. A No Ball caught behind, followed by Katich dropping the catch off a gooddelivery. In both Innings. Same thing happened.

Damn that Katich. Although, he did save the match for us.....

Linda

International Vice-Captain
SquidAU said:
The Sydney test between India and Oz earlier this year. Not because India scored 700 odd, but for the fact that Brett Lee had SO much bad luck in the 1st and 2nd innings. A No Ball caught behind, followed by Katich dropping the catch off a gooddelivery. In both Innings. Same thing happened.

Damn that Katich. Although, he did save the match for us.....
True, that was painful to watch.
Nevertheless, being Waugh's last match the game had automatic credit for me.

SquidAU

First Class Debutant
Linda said:
True, that was painful to watch.
Nevertheless, being Waugh's last match the game had automatic credit for me.
Really, the Sydney match had it all....See sawing game, great batting from Katich and Gillespie to save the game for Oz, Steve Waugh gunning for last Test ton on the 5th Day. Patel's keeping helping Australia along.....

But, yet, it was boring. :blink:

Simon

SquidAU said:
Really, the Sydney match had it all....See sawing game, great batting from Katich and Gillespie to save the game for Oz, Steve Waugh gunning for last Test ton on the 5th Day. Patel's keeping helping Australia along.....

But, yet, it was boring. :blink:
see sawing game? after india made 700 in the first innings id hardly say it was ever in the balance.....

SquidAU

First Class Debutant
broncoman said:
see sawing game? after india made 700 in the first innings id hardly say it was ever in the balance.....

Yes but I felt it was. Doesn't mean it actually was. :p

masterblaster

International Captain
Oh well, it was fun for us Indian's watching Laxman and Tendulkar smash your bowling all over the park.

The Innings by Tendulkar was an innings of sheer courage, determination and will. It wasn't the most asthetically pleasing, but one needs guts to produce something like that.

Craig

World Traveller
Actually I didn't think the Sydney Test was that bad.

I'm surprised no Kiwi has put the Test in 2001 at Eden Park where New Zealand re-wrote the book on how to collapse or if they saw it, the match at Lahore in 2002 where Inzi got 300+ and Shoaib took 6-11.

I am glad I never saw it.

bryce

International Regular
Craig said:
Actually I didn't think the Sydney Test was that bad.

I'm surprised no Kiwi has put the Test in 2001 at Eden Park where New Zealand re-wrote the book on how to collapse or if they saw it, the match at Lahore in 2002 where Inzi got 300+ and Shoaib took 6-11.

I am glad I never saw it.
haha probaly because the latter was not televised here and from memory the first one was not that badder test match until the last innings.

Last edited:

Behlol

U19 Vice-Captain
the worst I have seen was the 4TH test at mumbai2004.AUS vs IND.Highest team score was about 203 or 208

Beleg

International Regular
Pak vs. England Lahore 2000. Saqlain took 8 for 170 odd runs and England scored less then 2 runs/over throughout the first day. Utter bleh.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Interesting that people say low scoring games or collapses are the "worst" when it comes to viewing pleasure.. Don't people find wickets and bowling domination good? I guess it is a batsman's game anyway...

Beleg

International Regular
I don't mind bowling domination. It often makes for exciting matches and there are few sights more tittilating then ball swinging and stumps flying around. What I do mind is Graham Thorpe padding away at everything pitched within a 2 foot radius of stumps on a perfectly listless track.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Beleg said:
I don't mind bowling domination. It often makes for exciting matches and there are few sights more tittilating then ball swinging and stumps flying around. What I do mind is Graham Thorpe padding away at everything pitched within a 2 foot radius of stumps on a perfectly listless track.
Thats kind of batsman domination, without the batsmen using it to their advantage...

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Langeveldt said:
Interesting that people say low scoring games or collapses are the "worst" when it comes to viewing pleasure.. Don't people find wickets and bowling domination good? I guess it is a batsman's game anyway...

I do, I'd rather see consistent wickets, than consistent pounding of the bowling.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
My choice would be IND/WI, Antigua, 2004. The draw was so predictable, that David Shepherd called off the match in the middle of the fourth day! What a farce!