• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Waqar Younis

Buddhmaster

International Captain
I've heard a few rumours about Waqar, but what actually happened to him, and can anyone say whether he will be back again?

Buddhmaster

International Captain
well i have no idea what happened to him, but i've heard he got injured, i've heard he was involved in some sort of scandal, and i've heard a few more things.

Western Warrior

School Boy/Girl Captain
Buddhmaster said:
I've heard a few rumours about Waqar, but what actually happened to him, and can anyone say whether he will be back again?
There are no rumours circulating amount Younis that have surfaced as far as I am aware. The latest news concerning him is his naming as part of a five man panel to assist Shoaib Malik with his bowling action.

Waqar on panel to remedy Shoaib's action

Wisden Cricinfo Staff

October 20, 2004

Waqar Younis has been named as part of a five-man panel that will help work with the Pakistan offspinner, Shoaib Malik, who was reported by the umpires Aleem Dar and Simon Taufel, and the match referee Jeff Crowe, for a suspect bowling action in the final of the recently concluded Paktel Cup.

Abbas Zaidi, a spokesman for the Pakistan Cricket Board said: "We have formed a five-member committee which will work with Shoaib and submit a report [to the ICC]." Waqar, who was Pakistan's captain when Shoaib made his Test debut in 2001, is joined on the panel by Bob Woolmer, the national team coach; Khizar Hayat, a former international umpire, and Ijaz Faqih and Bruce Yardley, ex-Test players.

The panel have six weeks in which to work with Shoaib, before reporting their findings to the ICC as stage one of the process for assessing bowlers with potentially flawed actions. Malik himself, who is currently playing in the first Test against Sri Lanka in Faisalabad, will undergo corrective measures on his action after the two-match series is concluded. If his action was reported again, he would have his case brought before the ICC's bowling action review committee.

© Wisden Cricinfo Ltd

Buddhmaster

International Captain
I didn't think that what i said was that hard to understand but i'll try saying it diferently.

I have no idea what happened to Waqar Younis and why he isn't still playing.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Buddhmaster said:
I didn't think that what i said was that hard to understand but i'll try saying it diferently.

I have no idea what happened to Waqar Younis and why he isn't still playing.
Maybe because of this..

Waqar Younis retires

Waqar brings down the curtain

Anand Vasu in Islamabad
April 12, 2004

http://usa.cricinfo.com/link_to_database/ARCHIVE/CRICKET_NEWS/2004/APR/122429_PAK_12APR2004.html

or this...

Waqar Younis retires
The king of reverse swing

Wisden Comment by Kamran Abbasi
April 8, 2004
http://usa.cricinfo.com/link_to_database/ARCHIVE/CRICKET_NEWS/2004/APR/119929_PAK_08APR2004.html