• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Indian ODI squad

tooextracool

International Coach
SJS said:
TEC, I know you dont agree but Nehra is really not such a bad bowler. He is actually more gifted than Zaheer. He is not very bright though. And, of course, his physical fitness is legendry.

As a bowler, he is one of the most likely to bowl an unplayable delivery from this lot. Believe me, its true. I wouldnt put him in my team ahead of Pathan and Balaji because they are both smarter cricketers and it is a thinking game.

Between Zaheer and Nehra its a difficult choice. Nehra is a better bowler but Zaheer is more agressive and smarter. The agression bit in Zaheer can work against him, of course.
hes been given 4 years now, how long can someone persist with someone who just isnt accurate enough to succeed at the international level?
as far as zaheer khan is concerned, as ive said before, he is always going to have problems with accuracy and rhythm with that bowling action. id be extremely surprised if we ever saw zaheer bowl consistently well at the international level.
and personally i dont think it takes too much brain to realise that you need to bowl accurately to succeed at the international level.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
tooextracool said:
hes been given 4 years now, how long can someone persist with someone who just isnt accurate enough to succeed at the international level?
as far as zaheer khan is concerned, as ive said before, he is always going to have problems with accuracy and rhythm with that bowling action. id be extremely surprised if we ever saw zaheer bowl consistently well at the international level.
and personally i dont think it takes too much brain to realise that you need to bowl accurately to succeed at the international level.
I think Nehra's problem is that with his skiddy action, he drags down a lot of deliveries. Plus his fitness has never been great. But having said all that, I do think that both Nehra and Agarkar make pretty good ODI bowlers, given that they have some experience in that arena now.