• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Leadership of Indian cricket

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Sudeep said:
Kaif, hot-tempered?
Refer Asia Cup final. He has this habit of playing reckless strokes and even getting into that odd needless argument.

SJS said:
Inshort you are offering three choices ...
Sachin
OR Tendulkar
OR Sachin Tendulkar..
right ??
Did I say whom I have chosen?

tooextracool

International Coach
Sanz said:
TEC, What was the average of Mike Brearly as Captain ? (Ganguly is no Mike Brearly ofcourse). Fact is that Ganguly cant be fired for the loss of this series because he was captain in only 2 of the tests.
never said he should either, but instead of blaming dravid who averaged more than ganguly and a lot of other players, how about blaming ganguly who averaged less than 20?or tendulkar and laxman for averaging 17? clearly we should blame dravid for averaging 27!

Sanz said:
Since you are talking about averages, what was Dravid's average again ? IMO someone named Irfan Pathan and AAgarkar had better average than him. :-O
his average was 27, which interestingly enough is higher than ganguly's, tendulkars and laxmans. so if dravid gets crucified for averaging less than pathan and agarkar, then tendulkar,laxman and ganguly should be shot in the head and burnt to ash.
needless to say that if agarkar's average is used to say that someone else is useless, then im afraid the entire aussie batting lineup was completely useless too.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
tooextracool said:
never said he should either, but instead of blaming dravid who averaged more than ganguly and a lot of other players, how about blaming ganguly who averaged less than 20?or tendulkar and laxman for averaging 17? clearly we should blame dravid for averaging 27!

his average was 27, which interestingly enough is higher than ganguly's, tendulkars and laxmans. so if dravid gets crucified for averaging less than pathan and agarkar, then tendulkar,laxman and ganguly should be shot in the head and burnt to ash.
needless to say that if agarkar's average is used to say that someone else is useless, then im afraid the entire aussie batting lineup was completely useless too.

I beg to differ there, TEC. I think that Rahul was one of the two Indian batters in any sort of decent form during this series, and he did not convert it into runs. And no, this is not just my opinion, someone who knows the game as well as Sir Geoffrey Boycott said that. Plus, you are probably right in blaming Sachin and Laxman for doing so poorly in this series, but Sourav had just 3 knocks, one in which he top scored amongst the top 6 and in another he was ran out by Rahul. I don't think he was the reason India lost, end of story.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
honestbharani said:
I beg to differ there, TEC. I think that Rahul was one of the two Indian batters in any sort of decent form during this series, and he did not convert it into runs. And no, this is not just my opinion, someone who knows the game as well as Sir Geoffrey Boycott said that. Plus, you are probably right in blaming Sachin and Laxman for doing so poorly in this series, but Sourav had just 3 knocks, one in which he top scored amongst the top 6 and in another he was ran out by Rahul. I don't think he was the reason India lost, end of story.
Everything else is okay Bharani except that no one ran out Ganguly. He did it himself :p

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
No, again, if you look at it, Rahul was watching the ball, he did not even look at Sourav when that ball was being fielded. I agree that it was perhaps a bad call by Sourav in the first place, but still, Rahul should have said no straightaway and we all know that his calling has always been dodgy. He tends to be ball watching at times, just like Laxman, and as fitter as he has become, that is still one thing that lets him down while running between the wickets.