• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Funniest Player

Buddhmaster

International Captain
I know this isn't funny, but it could bring on funny replies.

Which cricketer do you think is/was the funniest.

Buddhmaster

International Captain
Langeveldt said:
Herschelle Gibbs.. Without a doubt..
That may have been sarcasm, I wouldnt know because i've never even heard Gibbs speak. If it was not sarcasm, why did you say him?

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
Merv by a country mile.

Few players could make a comeback to Javed Miandad labelling them a "fat bus conductor".

But the moustachioed kisser succeeded, by dismissing Javed and calling "tickets please!"

And that's not even scraping the surface of his capers.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
LongHopCassidy said:
Merv by a country mile.

Few players could make a comeback to Javed Miandad labelling them a "fat bus conductor".

But the moustachioed kisser succeeded, by dismissing Javed and calling "tickets please!"

And that's not even scraping the surface of his capers.
:gora: :gora: :gora:

Tremendous

KennyD

International Vice-Captain
I cant remember who said this one but I think it was Ian Healy. It was during the mid 90's and the Aussies were up against Nasser Hussain in the middle. Anyway, I think it was Healy who said "We should maybe get a fielder in close, put some pressure on. Punter, get under Nasser's nose there"

Healy then preceeded to place Ponting about 10 meters away from Hussain at short cover.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
KennyD said:
I cant remember who said this one but I think it was Ian Healy. It was during the mid 90's and the Aussies were up against Nasser Hussain in the middle. Anyway, I think it was Healy who said "We should maybe get a fielder in close, put some pressure on. Punter, get under Nasser's nose there"

Healy then preceeded to place Ponting about 10 meters away from Hussain at short cover.
Would have been funnier if he placed Ponting on the cover boundary.

Langeveldt

Soutie
He (HH Gibbs) the most relaxed guy about.. Hell if he is having the worst patch he still makes everyone laugh with some jibe about something.. He might not be the most witty in world cricket, but he keeps everyone smiling..

OTHER MENTIONS!!!

David LLoyd!!!

Big Gap

God...

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
Ian Healy was in a tour match in South Africa, and a batsman excelling in the podge department strode to the crease. Warnie approached Healy in a discussion.....
SKW: How can we get this guy out?
IAH: Put a Mars Bar just short of a good length, and I'll stump him when he reaches for it.

A hoot, and a testament to Healy's sense of humour, until the batsman intervened:

Batsman: I'll have to be quick to beat that fat b@$tard at short leg (referring to David Boon).

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
LongHopCassidy said:
Ian Healy was in a tour match in South Africa, and a batsman excelling in the podge department strode to the crease. Warnie approached Healy in a discussion.....
IAH: Put a Mars Bar just short of a good length, and I'll stump him when he reaches for it.

A hoot, and a testament to Healy's sense of humour, until the batsman intervened:

Batsman: I'll have to be quick to beat that fat b@$tard at short leg (referring to David Boon).
haha hilarious :D

KennyD

International Vice-Captain
LongHopCassidy said:

oh yeah I remember that one...freakin funny hey