• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Funniest Player

Buddhmaster

International Captain
Y would someone say something like that, yet still have 6 other posts. Loser.

Anyway, i was reading a Merv book, and he did seem to be a very funny guy.

klusener

Cricket Spectator
Eddie Brandes, not sure i spelled his name right...

I am just paraphrasing a little bit here...

Glenn McGrath - Why are you so fat?
Brandes - because everytime i make love to your wife, she feeds me a biscuit...

PAKMAN

State 12th Man
any one remember miandad in the 92 world cup
when he was jumpin up n down infront of kiran more i think
quite funny he was at times

Buddhmaster

International Captain
vic_orthdox said:
shane harwood handed out the funniest sledge i've ever heard of.

hes playing agianst michael slater, after slater had been dropped for langer, and his life was going downhill - wife left him, cant get a run, and he ended up getting a bit of a coke habit. so in a pura cup game, harwood is bowling to slater, and harwoods a big country guy who sledges anyone and everyone. slater shoots back at him, with words to the effect of "who do you think you are, you're a no-hoper, etc." harwood beats him the next ball, and then has anotehr go at him. slater tells him to get back to his mark, to which harwood replies "why don't you get down on your knees *points to the crease* and sniff that white f*cking line"
Haha, that's good, tho i didn't no Slats had a coke problem?

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
it was at the same time that he found out that the test number that he had tattooed on himself and had as a personalised number plate, which was 356, was actually incorrect. that was brendan julians number, slaters's was 357.
anyways, i shouldn't be casting aspertions such as the above story upon people like michael slater. im goign to delete it

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Tuffers provided plenty of comedy with his batting.

In the Ashes once he tried to pad away Shane Warne outside leg-stump but unfortunately got his legs tangled and ended up falling over and the ball hitting him up the backside, to the amusement of Ian Healy, who said 'That's a new one Phil, I've never seen anyone try and play Warnie with his **** before.'

:D

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Jason Gillespie for me. Nothing beats his Happy Gilmore taunt when he got his 50.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
He wasn't overly renowned for his sense of humour, but The Don came out with a good one a few years back.

He was being interviewed & his interviewer (can't remember who it was) spoke about his average being 99.94, so far ahead of everyone else, etc. He then mentioned about all the great bowlers around today, Ambrose, Walsh, Wasim, Waqar & asked Sir Donald what he thought he'd average if he were playing now.

"Oh, about 70", was the great man's reply. The interviewer was surprised at this modesty and asked The Don why he thought it would be so much lower? The Don replied, dead straight-faced,

"Because I'm 85!" :D