Page 1 of 120 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: **Official** New Zealand in Australia Thread

**Official** New Zealand in Australia Thread

Tour begins in less then seven days time, so I felt I will get the ball rolling with this thread.

I can't work out why New Zealand are playing a tour match v NSW at Sydney when we don't even play a Test there, would have been more logical to play against Queensland at the 'Gabba where NZ play the first Test.

If Fleming wins the toss, please what ever he does unless it is a raging green top, do not bowl first against Australia. It never works, or at least it hasn't so in the last three or four seasons when the opposition bowl first to Australia and is just giving them the advantage. Be positive and bat first.

I also think Mark Richardson needs to be a bit more proactive with the bat and looking for more singles to keep the scoreboard ticking over and not build up pressure on himself and his team.

Should be exciting, and I should be going up for at least one day or two at least.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

WArne would be crucial for Australia, a huge blow for them, NZ have a small sigh of relief, but imo MacGill will be their main spinner.

Near certainty, barring injury and/or Hauritz takes 6 wickets.

IF they dont, then the idea of not playing MacGill in the series would be based on his refusal to go to Zimbabwe, so far it is holding true though.

Richardson
    Sinclair
    *Fleming
    Styris
    Astle
    H.Marshall
    McCullum
    Oram
    vettori
    Franklin
    Butler/C.Martin

Or;

Richardson
    Sinclair
    *Fleming
    Styris
    Astle
    Oram
    McCullum
    Vettori
    Franklin
    Butler
    C.Martin

Which one is the best line-up? The first XI is stronger batting wise, but only gives four bowlers plus the part-time stuff of Styris, but my second line-up is probably more balanced with more bowling options, but does Oram at 6 give a longer tail?

Gareth Hopkins picked as wicket keeper for the tour game v NSW to give Brendon McCullum the game off.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Mister Wright's Avatar
    Burger Time Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig
    Tour begins in less then seven days time, so I felt I will get the ball rolling with this thread.

I can't work out why New Zealand are playing a tour match v NSW at Sydney when we don't even play a Test there, would have been more logical to play against Queensland at the 'Gabba where NZ play the first Test.

If Fleming wins the toss, please what ever he does unless it is a raging green top, do not bowl first against Australia. It never works, or at least it hasn't so in the last three or four seasons when the opposition bowl first to Australia and is just giving them the advantage. Be positive and bat first.

I also think Mark Richardson needs to be a bit more proactive with the bat and looking for more singles to keep the scoreboard ticking over and not build up pressure on himself and his team.

Should be exciting, and I should be going up for at least one day or two at least.
    I think it has something to do with Queensland being involved in a Pura Cup game next week.

It has always been the case anyway. I can only remember when Queensland used to play the touring teams, it was always the team that didn't play in Brisbane. We played India when Pakistan played up here. The only occasions I can think of in recent times is against New Zealand last time they were here. Of course that includes two team tours, we usually play the one team tours in a lead up game.
    Cricketweb Colts Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Hayden > Lehmann
    I'm a member of Club Kerry

I'm Green

The color of immortality, nature and envy - you are truly a unique person. While clearly the color of nature, you also symbolize rebirth, fertility and hope in the world. On the other side of the spectrum, a natural aptitude to money with green coming to signify money and possibly even *********!

IMO, New Zealand need 5 bowlers to counter the Australians in Australia. Of those, I think Butler is a must pick as he offers the most peneration of the quicks and should find these conditions helpful. Oram and Vettori will play, quite possibly the same with Franklin, so it is down to Wiseman and Mills for the final place - and for some reason I quite like the idea of Mills playing in Brisbane where he might hit the seam nicely. Richardson looms as the great strength with the bat, while Astle is a quality player and my gut tells me that Hamish Marshall will do very well - he looks a very composed and well organised cricketer, the kind that succeeds in Australian conditions.

Lehmann may squeeze back into the Australian side, while MacGill would be a certainty for the 12 I'd imagine - the possibility of playing Lee for a spinner will tempt the selectors should a green top emerge. I dare say the Australians will not take the Black Caps lightly this time - they seem too focused of late to take their foot of the pedal, especially after their wake-up call at home last summer against the Indians.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre
    so it is down to Wiseman and Mills for the final place
    chris martin should be picked over both of those two.
    ODI XI to match the best
    1.Ryder
    2.McCullum+
    3.Guptill
    4.Taylor
    5.Broom
    6.Oram
    7.Elliott
    8.Vettori*
    9.Mills
    10.Southee
    11.Bond
    ringaz_ride@hotmail.com
    To answer your question, yes
    Thanks?
    METEORIC RISE ?

I would agree with that Bryce, we have to give him a chance to perform in Australia against the worlds best.

International Coach tooextracool's Avatar
    Dick Quicks Island Adventure Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig
    Richardson
    Sinclair
    *Fleming
    Styris
    Astle
    H.Marshall
    McCullum
    Oram
    vettori
    Franklin
    Butler/C.Martin
    just wondering, why was sinclair dropped in the first place?
    Tendulkar = the most overated player EVER!!
    Beckham = the most overated footballer EVER!!
    Vassell = the biggest disgrace since rikki clarke!!

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Mister Wright's Avatar
    Burger Time Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by tooextracool

He couldn't score any runs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Wright
    He couldn't score any runs.
    perhaps so, but on his previous recall he only played one game, which was against SA in the final test and he scored a 75 odd. after that he was dropped. if you select a player and then drop him when he succeeds, then what was the point of selecting him ITFP?

Quote Originally Posted by tooextracool
    Because aside from his three big scores - 150, 214 and 204*- he averages 22.

Quote Originally Posted by Voltman
    Because aside from his three big scores - 150, 214 and 204*- he averages 22.
    yes i know, but if the NZ selectors picked him again, it obviously suggests that there was fresh hope, that they had let by gones be by gones and that they were hoping he would succeed. yet when he did, and lets not forget that he was the top scorer in the side in that match against SA, they dropped him, where is the sense in that?
    the way i see it is that, if you've picked him then you cant drop him until he fails.

Page 1 of 120 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread Information