• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in Australia Thread

Eclipse

International Debutant
Gilly should have been out LBW twice in a few balls..

I must admit the second one looked like it was going down leg watching it live but on replay it was plum..

Eclipse

International Debutant
Richard Rash said:
Australia are ridiculously good. There is probably enough talent for Australia A to be introduced to the test match arena and be the second best team behind Australia. I mean most teams in world cricket would welcome the likes of Matthew Elliot, Brad Hodge, Brad Hogg, Mike Hussey, Simon Katich, Brett Lee, Martin Love, Stuart MacGill, Jimmy Maher, Andy Symonds, Shaun Tait, Brett Lee, Shane Watson, Brad Williams, Nathen Bracken etc in to their side yet none of the above are invovled in the current test series which indicates just how strong Australia is.
Not all of those players are that good..

Hogg would not make many test team's nor Williams or Bracken or Lee..

JustTool

State 12th Man
Mr Casson said:
Wouldn't that be in a phrase book or a thesaurus rather than a dictionary? :p
Those are big words - are you sure you want to use them on me or save them for a more worthy 'opponent' :) - let's not lose sight of the main point here: Tony Greig, L Sivaram-whatever and Sanjay Manjerakar should be banished to a far away island and made to listen to each other's rants....I cannot believe I have to pay to listen to these guys describe Bucknor umpire and Lloyd judge. I suppose that really means I am the moron here - now, not everyone all at once, please.... :)

Slow Love™

International Captain
Go Warnie, go! He's got the half century, but I doubt he'll get the chance to top his 99 against the Kiwis three years ago. Still, after McGrath and Gillespie's hijinks the other day. you never know...

EnglishRose

School Boy/Girl Captain
Richard Rash said:
Australia are ridiculously good. There is probably enough talent for Australia A to be introduced to the test match arena and be the second best team behind Australia. I mean most teams in world cricket would welcome the likes of Matthew Elliot, Brad Hodge, Brad Hogg, Mike Hussey, Simon Katich, Brett Lee, Martin Love, Stuart MacGill, Jimmy Maher, Andy Symonds, Shaun Tait, Brett Lee, Shane Watson, Brad Williams, Nathen Bracken etc in to their side yet none of the above are invovled in the current test series which indicates just how strong Australia is.
Some of these players are distinctly average.

sportychic33

State 12th Man
what is the problem with the mental state of our top order batsmen. . . richardson is out of form, sinclair was disappointing. . . i'm starting to feel like we will miss the follow on. . . .

Jnr.

First Class Debutant
Slow Love™ said:
Go Warnie, go! He's got the half century, but I doubt he'll get the chance to top his 99 against the Kiwis three years ago. Still, after McGrath and Gillespie's hijinks the other day. you never know...
Every Australian now has at least a half century in this series - except Kasprowicz. :)

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Jnr. said:
Every Australian now has at least a half century in this series - except Kasprowicz. :)
And poor Kaspar's bowling record does no justice to his immense abilities as a bowler,either . In 27 tests Kaspar only has 82 Test wickets to date. Even some of the (so called) batting allrounders from some of the other teams have more wickets to their name than Kaspar!!

Playing alongside an established bowling attack comprising bowlers of the likes of McGrath and Warne unfortunately means that the likes of Kaspar do not get their due reward in terms of wickets !!

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Richard Rash said:
No way would India, Pakistan, England (can probably name more) want Williams or Bracken in their team.
And you said Brett Lee twice ;):p

Last edited:

Jnr.

First Class Debutant
JASON said:
And poor Kaspar's bowling record does no justice to his immense abilities as a bowler,either . In 27 tests Kaspar only has 82 Test wickets to date. Even some of the (so called) batting allrounders from some of the other teams have more wickets to their name than Kaspar!!

Playing alongside an established bowling attack comprising bowlers of the likes of McGrath and Warne unfortunately means that the likes of Kaspar do not get their due reward in terms of wickets !!
Kaspa has done well since being recalled for the Sri Lanka tour. He's got 34 wickets at 25.55 from 10 Tests, 7 of which were on the subcontinent. :D

biased indian

International Coach
why is it that bucknor dont give gilchrist out lbw???

because bucknor know that gilchrist will walk if he is sure that he is out!!!!

Isolator

State 12th Man
Even for a walker, it's difficult to be sure with lbws. You know whether you've nicked a ball, but it's not that easy to be sure about the line, length, bounce, angle, etc. which come into question in lbws... especially when you're busy playing a shot at the same time. You can't really expect anyone to walk for lbws.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Lol Gilly won't walk LBWs. No one would do that (someone's going to do that now since I said that).

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Jono said:
Lol Gilly won't walk LBWs. No one would do that (someone's going to do that now since I said that).
If you walk on LBW's you should be subjected to a comprehensive mental health check.