• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in Australia Thread

tooextracool

International Coach
marc71178 said:
I dispute that - it pays no heed to the overhead conditions etc (ie how much the ball is moving in the air) - only assumes the ball will continue in a straight line after pitching.

Anyone who's seen the amount of after pitch movement over here would see that Hawkeye ignores all that.
hawk eye is just a guide, the third umpire can give several decisions just by looking at 2-3 replays of the decision. for example balls pitching outside leg stump can be determined on the first replay. certainly you dont think that this is less accurate than an umpire making his decision in real time do you?

Richard Rash

U19 Cricketer
tooextracool said:
why does it have to?

It doesn't. I was just wandering because the series is over and so therefore it isn't really relevant anymore but i spose if ppl can still find stuff to talk about it then thats fine

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
tooextracool said:
hawk eye is just a guide, the third umpire can give several decisions just by looking at 2-3 replays of the decision. for example balls pitching outside leg stump can be determined on the first replay. certainly you dont think that this is less accurate than an umpire making his decision in real time do you?
What, hawkeye?

In which case I do, because it is predicting something based solely on mathematics, and doesn't take anything else into consideration.

tooextracool

International Coach
marc71178 said:
What, hawkeye?

In which case I do, because it is predicting something based solely on mathematics, and doesn't take anything else into consideration.
im not talking about hawkeye, im talking about just an ordinary video replay, from which you can detect a lot more than you can in real time.