cricket betting betway blog banner small
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Warne's out

State Vice-Captain The Argonaut's Avatar
    Hauritz may struggle to find a spot in the Qld side when he gets back. He's a handy one day bowler but has not proved himself at 4 day level. Still he's abetter bowler than White. I agree, MacGill should have been there. Hogg is about the same quality as Hauritz and White.

MacGill IMO is probably a lot better bowler then what he is given credit for. I am 100% sure he would have played more for any other country had he not been Australian.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

U19 Vice-Captain
    I don't think NZ"s batting is a huge worry. Richardson will be looking to score more than last time around, Styris has been one of our more consistant batsman lately - if he can stop going hard at the ball early on he will score some runs in Australia. Oram has a lot of potential as well, I don't think he'll be 'found out'. Our lack of a second opener is a real worry and Astle hasn't quite been the same since his return.

McMillan shouldn't tour Australia. It's time the we looked elsewhere. Our lack of decent bowlers is the real worry.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig
    MacGill IMO is probably a lot better bowler then what he is given credit for. I am 100% sure he would have played more for any other country had he not been Australian.
    I wonder if Hauritz would have been picked if the series was 1 all instead of 2 zip?
    Only two states to be in - Queensland and drunk.

International Vice-Captain Linda's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mavric41
    I wonder if Hauritz would have been picked if the series was 1 all instead of 2 zip?
    I'd have felt much more comfortable if McGill or Hogg had been called up, if that had been the case!

"I know I underperformed but after the past 18 months I thought I might have received more than four Test matches' grace."
    - DR Martyn.

"Is there any way to make it longer?"
    Peter English on Twenty20

Official Face of the v. hip 'Twenty20 Is Boring Society'

Tim
    "Well, Richardson was weak last time he was here. Fleming only had the one good innings (although he has improved). I'd be surprised if Styris makes runs against Australia. Oram will finally get found out. No Chris Cairns will have a big imput, and McMillan actually did well when he was here last time. The only one I expect (alongside Fleming) to score consistent runs will be Astle, and that is if he can stay fit for the whole tour."

That was 3 & a half years ago!, you're automatically presuming things will just be the same? What if I say that McGrath will be just about as non-existent as he was last time despite his recent form?

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Mister Wright's Avatar
    Burger Time Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim
    "Well, Richardson was weak last time he was here. Fleming only had the one good innings (although he has improved). I'd be surprised if Styris makes runs against Australia. Oram will finally get found out. No Chris Cairns will have a big imput, and McMillan actually did well when he was here last time. The only one I expect (alongside Fleming) to score consistent runs will be Astle, and that is if he can stay fit for the whole tour."

That was 3 & a half years ago!, you're automatically presuming things will just be the same? What if I say that McGrath will be just about as non-existent as he was last time despite his recent form?
    You can't discount these players performances last time they were here. I did say that Fleming had improved, didn't I. Also, it should be noted that Styris wasn't here last time, so how can that be presuming he'll do the same, when he hasn't done anything in the first place? Same with Oram.
    Cricketweb Colts Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Hayden > Lehmann
    I'm a member of Club Kerry

I'm Green

The color of immortality, nature and envy - you are truly a unique person. While clearly the color of nature, you also symbolize rebirth, fertility and hope in the world. On the other side of the spectrum, a natural aptitude to money with green coming to signify money and possibly even *********!

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Well who else would've been picked, White?
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

School Boy/Girl Cricketer Joao_Quinto's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marc71178
    Well who else would've been picked, White?
    Unless they expected that Warne was indestructable then they obviously had some designs on White or Hauritz playing if they were needed. Maybe the selectors rate them higher than some of the members of this forum. I personally would have played White. He can bat and might be able to make up some of those extra runs he would concede.
    I dont think it is going to matter in the end given the rain and forecasts, the test could turn into a lengthened limited overs match.

Cameron White?

Quote Originally Posted by Craig
    Cameron White?
    Hahahahahahahaha

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Well, it was a choice between the 2 as spinner when Warne was ruled out - regardless of the series score.

State 12th Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Wright
    You can't discount these players performances last time they were here. I did say that Fleming had improved, didn't I. Also, it should be noted that Styris wasn't here last time, so how can that be presuming he'll do the same, when he hasn't done anything in the first place? Same with Oram.
    Richardson averaged about 30 in his first taste of the Australian attack, and judging by the way he handled Harmison and Flintoff I'd hope he can bump that up a notch. Missing out in Bangladesh will just confirm to him that he's still not very good at playing attractively, which should be a good mindset heading into Brisbane. Anything Sinclair does will be a bonus.

Styris loves a flat pitch, although the Aussies will already be smelling blood in the water about getting him forcing away from his body. McCullum could surprise a few Aussies - it's unlikely he'll be intimidated and he has the shots to succeed over there. Astle's main concern is this LB problem that isn't going away, and is something I'd expect McGrath and Gillespie to exploit.

International Coach tooextracool's Avatar
    Dick Quicks Island Adventure Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kent
    SMcCullum could surprise a few Aussies - it's unlikely he'll be intimidated and he has the shots to succeed over there.
    from what ive seen off mccullum so far, i think he is a very fine young batsman. i wouldnt be surprised if he goes on to become one of the better batsmen in the world in the future.
    Tendulkar = the most overated player EVER!!
    Beckham = the most overated footballer EVER!!
    Vassell = the biggest disgrace since rikki clarke!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information