• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

team colours

sir middle stump

School Boy/Girl Captain
Suggest the colours that India ought to put on for the world cup 2003.....( not that the results of this poll will matter in the end )

:cheesy: :cheesy: :laugh:

[Edited on 7/29/02 by sir middle stump]

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
yea i dont quite favour indias colour at the moment its gotta be something really nice to look at and appealing , eg kiwis , english , aussies ill come back on this

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Im so pleased that NZ moved away from that awful grey colour used in the World Cup, and then obviously the horrible beige in the mid 70's & then 80's.

I don't see too much wrong with the colour India has, its definately not as bad as several team colours used in the past.

sir middle stump

School Boy/Girl Captain
what about the dark blue india wore in the 92 world cup?
i honestly wondered why india chose to go with black till someone pointed out that it was actually blue!

sir middle stump

School Boy/Girl Captain
Should new zealand go with Black for the world cup?
Honestly, who else is bored of the awful plain green that pakistan wears at present?
Shouldnt safrica go with a multicoloured uniform....they are the rainbow nation arent they?
And why should india go with blue at all?I mean i dont see that shade of blue on indias flag anyway.. :confused:

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
i reckon that Pakistans and N.Z team colours should stay it looks good and stands out in daylight and night time ..

Anoop

U19 12th Man
And why should india go with blue at all?I mean i dont see that shade of blue on indias flag anyway.. :confused:
just someone's crazy idea..

all teams ought to have a standard colour.. so india must have simply decided to use blue..

confuses me too, now that i'm think about it

:confused:

anthonysw

U19 Cricketer
I think the Australia cricket team should use the same colours as the Hawthorn football club :P. The hawks easily have the most ugliest colour scheme I have even seen.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Great game - gets a bit of airing in the UK. There's lots of boring bits in it where they are kicking and hand-passing the ball and trying to score, but eventually they get down to the real business in hand - settling old scores.

bigvince

Cricket Spectator
Settle old scoress...good one Eddy.

Can anyone confirm...that its the only game were there is no RED card.../sending offs

Anoop

U19 12th Man
does Cricket have Red cards\sending offs?

I really hate rugby and rugby like games... looks like a game for the savages..

Kimbo

International Debutant
men... i'll have you people know i played rugby. i was in under 11 open grade... yes open grade... broke my arm too. but not a game for savages, a game for nutters!
imagine decideing your career would be rugby and imagining all the concussions you would get and all that... freaky.
good game though, love to watch it. GO OTAGO!
oh and i think india should wear bright pink.
:laugh:

beigebrigade

Cricket Spectator
The negativity toward the icon of NZ cricket success - the Brown & Tan kit - is somewhat disappointing. Brown and tan means success at cricket - a reminder of the halcyon days...it must come back and the Beige Brigade are prepared to lead the assault...