• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Favourite Cricket Picture

Western Warrior

School Boy/Girl Captain
Some of the photo's that have been taken during a cricket match really encapsulate the dynamics of the game.

Here is one of my favourites. Does anyone else have one they would like to share?

Western Warrior

School Boy/Girl Captain
...one for Linda

....it's not his signature cover drive but rather a rare shot on the leg side complete with two white elastic wrist bands :D

deeps

International 12th Man
i been tryin 2 find a pic or video of brad hogg's "catch of the century"

anyone know?

shaka

International Regular
The one I like the best is the one of Rhodes catching a ball at his fingertips while in mid air. It really captures how good he was at fielding.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
shaka said:
The one I like the best is the one of Rhodes catching a ball at his fingertips while in mid air. It really captures how good he was at fielding.
Yes thats a great picture.

I have so many favourite. Will try to scan some of them and paste them here later .
Incidentaly, there is a book called AN EYE FOR CRICKET by the famous cricket photographer , Patrick Eagar. It has some really great pics.

Western Warrior

School Boy/Girl Captain
shaka said:
I think it was Simon O'Donnell who once joked that if Jonty spent more time in the air he would be able to claim frequent flier points.......

I rate his alongside Ponting as the best fielder....probably ever. :D

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Some of my all time favourites are
1. Trumper, his right fot three feet out of the crease, with his bat raised in a huge backlift, far above his shoulders, his left foot far forward and still in midair in a huge forward stride, the left shoulder pointing down the wicket, sleeves rolled halfway up his forearms showing rippling muscles. It is a fantastic study and it is 102 years old and technicallyyou cant find a fault with Trumper's technique !

2. Tyson On his follow through, both feet up in the air about 12 inches above the ground, left arm stretched far back and high above his head and the right wrist having followed through has bent and is almost touching his left arm pit. A classic.

3. Bradman Having stepped out to drive, Bradman is foxed by the flight, falls flat on the ground and in that position has managed to late cut the ball pefectly away from the waiting hands of the keeper. Bradman's entire body and his stretched out arms and the bat are all either touching or within a couple of inches of the pitch surface. An amazing shot.

4. Hammond has completed a glorious cover drive, he is perfectly balanced, you can feel the timing (and lack of apparent power) of the shot, there is a dark handkerchief sticking out of his right pocket, Oldfield(I think its him) still has his left foot behind the off stump but he has moved alongwith the line of the ball(pitched much outaside the of stump it appears), his left pad is resting on the ground(parallel to the crease) as he has transferred his weight to the right foot and his gloves close together are just a few inches above the ground right behind the line of delivery. He hasnt got up yest though he has moved sideways since the ball did not rise of the wicket being a half volley ! A lesson in the technique of wicket keeping and it comes from one of the most famous batting pictures of all time.

Western Warrior

School Boy/Girl Captain
SJS said:
Some of my all time favourites are
1. Trumper, his right fot three feet out of the crease, with his bat raised in a huge backlift, far above his shoulders, his left foot far forward and still in midair in a huge forward stride, the left shoulder pointing down the wicket, sleeves rolled halfway up his forearms showing rippling muscles. It is a fantastic study and it is 102 years old and technically you cant find a fault with Trumper's technique !
Pure class, it really is a shame that we lost him at such a young age though it was inevitableas he had, as per his team-mates, a weak constitution. However, with that said, when he was fit he was unbelievable.

He was the sort of batsman where a bowler could bowl six deliveries exactly the same yet he would employ six different strokes to despatch the ball to the fence (or over it).

Last edited:

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
deeps said:
i been tryin 2 find a pic or video of brad hogg's "catch of the century"

anyone know?
There's five new ''Catch of the Century'' candidates every year...

:p