• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sourav Gangulys "injury"

Warne is god

U19 12th Man
I'm just wanting to hear peoples opinion on Sourav Gantoolys "injury" that has ruled him out of the 3rd and 4th Test. I've heard 3 different reports on his injury, here they are.

Baggygreen.com.au said:
Sourav Ganguly, the India captain, will miss the match because of the thigh strain that also ruled him out of the third Test. Rahul Dravid will again lead the side.
Cricinfo said:
Sourav Ganguly, India's captain, will miss this week's fourth Test against Australia at Mumbai after failing to recover from a hip injury, according to a Reuters report.
Cricketweb.net said:
Indian captain Sourav Ganguly will miss the fourth and final Test of the ongoing home Test series against Australia at Mumbai, after failing to recover from a groin injury
Seems like no-one knows whats wrong with Sourav.

Sudeep

International Captain
I believe it started as a groin injury, but developed into what's called a hip ailment. Still, there's a lot of confusion over what exactly is wrong.

NikhilN

International Regular
Warne is god said:
I'm just wanting to hear peoples opinion on Sourav Gantoolys "injury" that has ruled him out of the 3rd and 4th Test. I've heard 3 different reports on his injury, here they are.

Seems like no-one knows whats wrong with Sourav.
They would if something was wrong with him

he sat last match out and is sitting the next one out because he knew if he makes India lose the series there will be high chance of him not bein captain anymore

Sudeep

International Captain
Interesting Cricinfo would mention it as a hip injury, according to Reuters. The Reuters report I used for collecting information for my story on CW mentioned a groin injury, so did a couple of others which I referred.

Sudeep

International Captain
Ah, I just found 4-5 Reuters reports, all mentioning different reasons for the injury. :wacko:

deeps

International 12th Man
he asked the curator of the nagpur pitch to shave the pitch. When the curator refused, ganguls spat the dummy. Not sure about what's happening for the next test though, possibly because he'd be seen as the losing captain if he plays, and doesn't want that.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Sanz said:
Oh no, Not another Ganguly Bashing thread. Warne_is_god, Your hatred for Ganguly is so obvious here. Its amazing how some people live their life.

http://www.cricketweb.net/forum/showthread.php?t=10294
An obsession(a type of fanaticism really) is just that ...an obsession. It doesnt matter whether it is from a negative feeling (you call it hate) or a positive one. Objectivity is the first casualty in both cases.

Another fact. The moment you display one form of obsession/fanaticism you are immediately going to provoke its opposite in someone or the other .

Finally, fanatics live their lives in only one way, feeding off the 'anti-vibes' they continue to recieve from their counterparts from the other side !! They thrive on the fanatics from the otherside. They get their sustenance from them.
:p

PS: And oh yes. They are amazed by every other form of obsession/fanaticism except their own :p

Last edited:

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
SJS said:
PS: And oh yes. They are amazed by every other form of obsession/fanaticism except their own :p
Why do I think that this somehow refers to my views on PPatel & Dravid ? I could be wrong though. :blink:

Western Warrior

School Boy/Girl Captain
Ganguly bashing aside he did seem to pull up well after the second test so I am wondering what is exactly the matter. Whether it be hip, groin, thigh etc one thing is for certain I doubt Ganguly pulled out because of a fear of losing.

I will admit to finding Ganguly a little on the arrogant side but I won't deny his talent as a cricket player and his courage as a captain. I cannot see him pulling out of a match because he was scared his team would lose and he would be associated with losing to the Australians, at home, for the first time in 35-years!

Only time will tell as to what is really wrong.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
NikhilN said:
They would if something was wrong with him

he sat last match out and is sitting the next one out because he knew if he makes India lose the series there will be high chance of him not bein captain anymore

I assume you have evidence about this, or is it just a baseless attack on him?

Deja moo

International Captain
Stop trying to dig up controversy where there is none !

Ganguly has an inflammation of the inside of his hip joint. Because of the nature of the nerve supply, the pain might be be felt at various times in the hip, thigh groin or knee. It is a difficult pathology to diagnose because of this .

Western Warrior

School Boy/Girl Captain
Say what you will about him as a person but Ganguly has never struck me as one who would run (or limp) away from a fight.

If there is something going on in the background of which we are not aware I believe it was started by someone else and followed (probably grudgingly) by Ganguly.

Sure, the fact that the curator did not prepare a pitch which was favourable to India may have raised his blood pressure a bit, but I doubt it would have led to him taking his metaphorical ball and going home.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Shastri, of all the people , has suggested in today's Times of India that it isnt a foregone conclusion that Ganguly's reason is an injury .

"Finally, there has been profuse speculation about whether it was groin or grass that kept the skipper out of the Nagpur test. I do hope it was the former otherwise it sends wrong signals about Indian cricket." !!!

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
So, India loses one test series to the best team in the world with its players injured or out of form and one match washed out where India had a good chance of winning. We see ex-players (who were resting in their caves waiting for such an opportunity) coming out of their caves to make most of the situation. Only in India we do that. when Australia failed to win the series, their fans, ex-players everyone took in their stride, they gave the credit where it was due, they praised their team for the effort and moved on.

But we certainly can not expect it from our fans, our ex cricketers, can we ?? We need a scapegoat after every loss. It is really funny to see 'Hai Hai' Shastri making stupid statements.