• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

warne vs giles

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
play nic ekiddies , seeing as the entire forum has turned into warne vs someone it seems as if ashley should get a look in :P

personally it wud seem obvious to me that giles is by far the superior...

Rich2001

International Captain
LOL but Warne has never bowled it... knowing him he could probley do that pretty well too if he tried :(

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
sledger said:
play nic ekiddies , seeing as the entire forum has turned into warne vs someone it seems as if ashley should get a look in :P

personally it wud seem obvious to me that giles is by far the superior...
By far the superior....... ???

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
McGrath vs Nehra would be a good comparison, if you're talking about batting.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
KishanTeli said:
LOL, do we even need to answer that??

While we are at it ....

McGrath v Nehra?
Gilchrist versus Parthiv Patel .

In wicket keeping of course. In batting there is no comparison. Parthiv is head and shoulders above Gilchrist.....when Gilchrist is sitting of course. :p :p :p

Western Warrior

School Boy/Girl Captain
viktor said:
should this be in the Cricket Humour section???
Well said. I think someone was trying to think of something to say and this was the best they could come up with.

Agreed that Giles has potential and has demonstrated some talent but comparing Giles with Warne is like comparing Don Bradman to Andrew Symonds.

Both were Australian, both were batsman and both played test cricket but that is where the similarities end.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
SJS said:
Gilchrist versus Parthiv Patel .

In wicket keeping of course. In batting there is no comparison. Parthiv is head and shoulders above Gilchrist.....when Gilchrist is sitting of course. :p :p :p
I didn't realise Patel had grown?

Western Warrior

School Boy/Girl Captain
....or Taibu! It seems the current qualifications to be an international wicketkeeper is to be 5'4" or less. I always knew that Gilchrist was a giant among his peers but I didn't know people meant it literally. :D

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
I'm still waiting for the Sir Richard Hadlee vs Richard "Grubby" De Groen debate to start up among the New Zealand forum members...

twctopcat

International Regular
Sudeep said:
116 wickets @ 36.81 far superior than 541 @ 25.59? :wacko:
But you see Giles didn't have any good support for a while which means batsmen could see him off, Warne on the other hand has been lucky...... :p

Western Warrior

School Boy/Girl Captain
twctopcat said:
But you see Giles didn't have any good support for a while which means batsmen could see him off, Warne on the other hand has been lucky...... :p
...you don't consider Harmison, Caddick and Gough to be good enough? You certainly have high standards for bowlers. :D

twctopcat

International Regular
Western Warrior said:
...you don't consider Harmison, Caddick and Gough to be good enough? You certainly have high standards for bowlers. :D
For a while i said, Gough was yes and Caddick could be, but he ain't no mcgrath, :D .