• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who would you like to...

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
...bowl or bat against. In other words - If you could bowl or bat against any player in the world, who would it be and why?

Personally, being a bowler, as poor as it is, Id love to bowl against Murali! Just to see what crazy **** he`d pull off against me (or rather, NOT pull off!)

Tag.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
I would love to field in the covers to the batting of someone like Jack Hobbs or Hutton or at first slip to the bowling of a Statham.

I would like to try batting against Richard Hadlee bowling a bit under his top speed though :D

I would like to try bowling my slow medium in swing (when I was able to swing :happy: ) bowling round the wicket to Ganguly.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
I'd love to bat against Giles, Warne, Murrali, Laker or Bedi.

Keeping to Warne and Murrali(I'm a keeper) would be fab.

Joao_Quinto

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Voltman said:
I'd like to bowl at Bradman - I reckon I could get him out now...
I'd probably bowl a wide. :D

I would like to

Bat against Shoaib or Bing, but only if they promised not to kill me.

Bowl to Gilly to see how far he can hit me. Maybe we could break a record together.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
I would like to bowl to Michael Clarke just to show our bowlers how to get him out.

As a batsman I sould like to face Mcgrath :)

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
If I was pretty good ;)...

I'd love to bat against Shoaib or Lee. The pace of the ball coming on to the bat, and smashing it through the covers or straight back past the bowler, gotta be a great feeling.

Bowling, I'd love to bowl to a tail ender like Harbhajan. That'd be great fun.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Batting against a particularly short-tempered McGrath (the Aussie not the much-maligned English namesake). Smacking one straight over his head for 6 then watching his reaction as he loses it and dishes up some long hops to hit, would be quite fun I reckon.

bryce

International Regular
i'd like to bat against paul wiseman and have a crack at hitting him for six, looks easy enough.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Jono said:
If I was pretty good ;)...

I'd love to bat against Shoaib or Lee. The pace of the ball coming on to the bat, and smashing it through the covers or straight back past the bowler, gotta be a great feeling.

Bowling, I'd love to bowl to a tail ender like Harbhajan. That'd be great fun.
I thought of that too but then I thought..they mayn't like to feed me half volleys :-O :-O :-O

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
I'd like to bat against Murali and Harmison... interesting to see those 2 work together.
I'd like to bowl to Nehra - he's the only Test cricket I could ever have a chance of getting out.

Western Warrior

School Boy/Girl Captain
bryce said:
i'd like to bat against paul wiseman and have a crack at hitting him for six, looks easy enough.
I'd like to try my luck against Vettori. New Zealand spin bowlers seemed to have been put on this earth to help a batsman increase their average :p

The Baconator

International Vice-Captain
I'd like to face Murali and Warne on a 5th day spinning wicket and to bowl at Tendulkar and Lara with blindfolds on