• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Murali vs Tendulkar

krishneelz

U19 Debutant
IMO murali is the best bowler in our era (maybe of all time) and Sachin is the best batsmen of our time (depends how old you are). But lets say if murali bowled 50 balls at sachin, would he get him out or would sachin hit 50 or more runs. If neither happens then they both are equal in their own respect.

What i think would happen is Sachin will be out on 49 making murali the winner just

krishneelz

U19 Debutant
i guess it depends on the quality of the feilders so lets say the feilders are standard new zealand feilders

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Lara vs Warne is better on both counts. bowlers always win in the end though, just a matter of how many the batsmen make first ;)

krishneelz

U19 Debutant
yea maybe we can change it to 40 which would still require a good strike rate and therefore he would not be able to block all the way throughout

deeps

International 12th Man
i think if tendulkar makes anything between 35-45. it's a draw. If he makes 45+ he wins. If he gets out for less than 35, he loses

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Lol interesting topic.

I guess quality of fielders would help as well. Umm I'd think Tendulkar would win, but not all the time.

And I also agree with age master. Lara/Warne are the great spin to batsman battles. But McGrath to Tendulkar are my favourite pace to batsman battles. They were in the past anyway. :)

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
This is too complicated or too technical or too spiritual or simply..... too much for me. Over my head totally. :confused1

Excuse me please.... :scooter:

KennyD

International Vice-Captain
there doesn't really look like room for 2 on that bike, which looks more like a scooter anyway

deeps

International 12th Man
the problem is that it's quiet in murali's favour. It only takes one good ball to get rid of tendulkar. or one bad shot.....

If Tendulkar plays a bad shot, that's it,he looses... If murali bowls a bad ball, the worst that can happen is that it gets hit for 6....another 39 runs for him to play with before he loses.

I guess there would have to be a larger sample space... Soemthing like in 10 innings,if tendulkar AVERAGES more then 45 he wins, AVERAGES less than 35 he loses, and everything esle is a draw