• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Laxman has lost it

krishneelz

U19 Debutant
After watching vvs againsts the aussies its hard to see the great fall from grace. This dude used to whip the aussies but now he looks like a pile of @#$%!. Maybe he should retire and this is coming from a fan

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
commentators were saying the other day on the radio here in aus that they think he has something else on his mind. maybe a marriage. child or something

krishneelz

U19 Debutant
and laxman has only had 3 good series 2 against the aussies and 1 against the paks otherwise he has never had a good series and thats why i cant give him a break

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
hehehe yeah i sure was listening to that. i'm a fan of laxman to and it's sad to see him slump like this.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This has the look of those threads that inspire a hundred from the subject...

The outstanding series of Laxman's career
v Aus 503 runs @ 83.83
v WI 474 runs @ 79.00
v WI 271 runs @ 90.33
v NZ 279 runs @ 139.50
v Aus 494 @ 82.33

Someone needs a serious stats check. Laxman has never had a good series against Pakistan. He averages 26.20 against them in 10 innings with 2 fifties spread across 3 series.
8-)

Mr Mxyzptlk

Hit4Six said:
but its a series which matttered alot :@
It happens! Even the great batsmen can't be at their best all the time. It's unfortunate that it's come at such a time, but that doesn't make him a villain suddenly.

thierry henry

International Coach
Laxman isn't a great batsman though. He's ordinary. His time in the sun has been and gone. He was a fringe player who took a long time to establish himself, hit a rich vein of form (mostly against Australia) and then reverted to his normal self.

Mr Mxyzptlk

thierry henry said:
Laxman isn't a great batsman though. He's ordinary. His time in the sun has been and gone. He was a fringe player who took a long time to establish himself, hit a rich vein of form (mostly against Australia) and then reverted to his normal self.
I said even the great batsmen. I never said Laxman is great. That said, I don't think he's ordinary either.

Hit4Six

U19 Debutant
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
It happens! Even the great batsmen can't be at their best all the time. It's unfortunate that it's come at such a time, but that doesn't make him a villain suddenly.
i just think its frustrating, Laxman was meant to be one of India's trump cards and him saying he was aiming for Lara's record before the series was the icing on the cake, how much has he averaged this series? does ne1 know? i dont think hes lost it but for a player who normally does so well against australia its disappointing to see him fail and warne turn him into his b*tch

Sudeep

International Captain
krishneelz said:
ok 4 good including the windies but thats out of how many other failures
I haven't looked at the stats, but he might be 50:50, and that's good enough. Find me a batsman who performs better than that, and he'd be one of the greats... Laxman I believe is really good, can't call him great though.

Sudeep

International Captain
Hit4Six said:
i just think its frustrating, Laxman was meant to be one of India's trump cards and him saying he was aiming for Lara's record before the series was the icing on the cake, how much has he averaged this series? does ne1 know? i dont think hes lost it but for a player who normally does so well against australia its disappointing to see him fail and warne turn him into his b*tch
Gosh, it's just one series. Check his stats for the last two years, and he'd top Tendulkar I think...

thierry henry

International Coach
Well, he's done some extraordinary things, played some great innings. All power to him, he should be proud. These great innings will probably overshadow what imo is the truth, that he is at best a "good" test batsman. He would never have got anywhere if he'd been born in NZ, his technique and application on seaming wickets is appalling. Luckily for VVS he's been able to cash in on todays flat wickets.

Sudeep

International Captain
thierry henry said:
Well, he's done some extraordinary things, played some great innings. All power to him, he should be proud. These great innings will probably overshadow what imo is the truth, that he is at best a "good" test batsman. He would never have got anywhere if he'd been born in NZ, his technique and application on seaming wickets is appalling. Luckily for VVS he's been able to cash in on todays flat wickets.
I wouldn't call it appalling. He's done well in Australia and West Indies... New Zealand might be different, but nothing he can't adjust to.