Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 62

Thread: Who is the second best Test team?

  1. #1

    Who is the second best Test team?

    Now that India have been comprehensively stuffed in two of their three Tests with Australia, who do you believe is the second best Test team in the World?

    My view is if England beat South Africa in South Africa (which I think they will, fairly comfortably) then England will be undisputedly the second best Test team in the World.

  2. #2
    School Boy/Girl Captain
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    154
    What if the SA-England is a draw and SA beats India in India?

  3. #3
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    25,597
    its probably not all that important who is second. theres no awards for it, plus every team who seems to be rated "2nd best" has suffered a slump. South Africa are not what they were a couple of years ago, India now appear to have slumped after being rated 2nd. At this stage its probably England, but to me it doesnt really matter who second is...

  4. #4
    International Vice-Captain KennyD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Aust
    Posts
    4,077
    ...because 2nd is still miles away from Australia. right Broncoman?
    Quote Originally Posted by SupaFreak2005
    Well Simon and Xavier hit on all the females but the ladies all want Kenny :naughty:
    Quote Originally Posted by steds
    all 3 of them?


  5. #5
    International Captain Slow Love™'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    6,080
    Quote Originally Posted by Scaly piscine
    My view is if England beat South Africa in South Africa (which I think they will, fairly comfortably) then England will be undisputedly the second best Test team in the World.
    Providing that happens, then yeah, I think it's reasonably undisputed.
    "Youre known for having a liking for men who look like women."
    - Linda

    "FFS I'm sick and tired of having to see a bloke bend over to pick something up or lean over and see their arse crack. For christ's sake pull your pants up or buy some underpants you bogan because nobody want's to see it. And this is a boat building shed (well one of them) not a porn studio."
    - Craig

  6. #6
    Until the Ashes series second is the best England can achieve - so it is worth something, wouldn't be much hope if England were below India when the Ashes series comes along...

  7. #7
    Cricket Web Moderator Neil Pickup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Oxford, England
    Posts
    27,193
    Quote Originally Posted by TendulkarFan
    What if the SA-England is a draw and SA beats India in India?
    That's about as likely as my working for Zanu-PF as Information Minister.
    MSN Messenger: minardineil2000 at hotmail dot com | AAAS Chairman
    CricketWeb Black | CricketWeb XI Captain
    ClarkeWatch: We're Watching Rikki - Are You?

    Up The Grecians - Exeter City FC

    Completing the Square: My Cricket Web Blog

  8. #8
    Virat Kohli (c) Jono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    65,366
    On recent form England come to mind, but there is no definite answer. As someone has recently said, being labelled '2nd best' hasn't done any teams a favour recently either.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

    Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

  9. #9
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    25,597
    Quote Originally Posted by KennyD
    ...because 2nd is still miles away from Australia. right Broncoman?
    no, its because teams dont play to come 2nd, they play to win, the only sport where its really important to know who is second best is boxing, cause that means they are next in line for a title fight!
    Im sure England, India and so on really couldnt see a difference being 2nd or 5th, they are all aiming to knock the aussies off and you dont need to be 2nd to do that....

  10. #10
    Cricketer Of The Year bugssy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Sydney NSW
    Posts
    8,214
    Quote Originally Posted by broncoman
    no, its because teams dont play to come 2nd, they play to win, the only sport where its really important to know who is second best is boxing, cause that means they are next in line for a title fight!
    Im sure England, India and so on really couldnt see a difference being 2nd or 5th, they are all aiming to knock the aussies off and you dont need to be 2nd to do that....

    no you dont need to be 2nd to knock of the aussies but you need to have a bloody good ricket side with great team management!
    Career cricket
    311 wickets @16.54 and 3021 runs @ 34.56 from 176 games over 11 years H.S 178*
    Member of the CW Green
    Cricket Web Career:(end of season 11) FC: 7404 runs @ 30.85 H.S 253* : One Day: 7331 runs @ 48.55 H.S 155*
    Off season: FC 1209 @ 52.51 & One Day: 921 @ 92.10
    COD4: djs clan
    World Of Warcraft: just sensational

  11. #11
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    25,597
    Quote Originally Posted by bugssy
    no you dont need to be 2nd to knock of the aussies but you need to have a bloody good ricket side with great team management!
    or a couple of lucky days....

  12. #12
    Cricket Web Moderator Neil Pickup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Oxford, England
    Posts
    27,193
    Or more accurately, to play them without Warne and McGrath.

  13. #13
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    25,597
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil Pickup
    Or more accurately, to play them without Warne and McGrath.
    i believe we tried that, and india (the so called 2nd best side) could only manage a drawn series...

  14. #14
    Cricket Web Moderator Neil Pickup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Oxford, England
    Posts
    27,193
    Quote Originally Posted by broncoman
    i believe we tried that, and india (the so called 2nd best side) could only manage a drawn series...
    Also the matter of the Fifth Test against England.

  15. #15

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. How About a Test Match World Cup?
    By StUEy in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 05-03-2006, 10:36 AM
  2. Adding a Team
    By Rich2001 in forum Fantasy Cricket
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 14-02-2006, 04:30 PM
  3. Best Test Team Ever?
    By a massive zebra in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 114
    Last Post: 09-02-2005, 04:14 PM
  4. Indian Cricket Team Meeting
    By NikhilN in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 30-10-2004, 03:23 PM
  5. next test team
    By amits in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 93
    Last Post: 26-11-2003, 07:29 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •