• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Razzaq...

pakster

U19 12th Man
Oh come one...this guy deserves his own thread after leading the inexperienced pak bowling attack today. Excellent spell of bowling by the occasional all-rounder...take a bow razzaq!

He seems to perform better when given more responsibility, he is too often used as a stock bowler...his BOWLING talent needs to be harnessed not insulted. He is one of Pak's senior players and under the guidance of boby is definite captain material.

Is razzaq the best all-rounder of all time?...dam right! :p

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He bowls an average of 24 overs per match, so I think he's a bit more than an occasional allrounder... unless you regard an allrounder as some who takes wickets and scores runs, in which case he's hardly one at all. :D

pakster

U19 12th Man
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
He bowls an average of 24 overs per match, so I think he's a bit more than an occasional allrounder... unless you regard an allrounder as some who takes wickets and scores runs, in which case he's hardly one at all. :D

How dare you talk that way about the greatest All-rounder to ever walk the earth.
Bite your tounge!

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
pakster said:
How dare you talk that way about the greatest All-rounder to ever walk the earth.
Bite your tounge!
That's disgusting. I don't know what a tounge is, let alone where it's been! :disgust: :p

pakster

U19 12th Man
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
That's disgusting. I don't know what a tounge is, let alone where it's been! :disgust: :p
I think the following facial expression does more justice to my thoughts about that post than words can: :blink:

That joke went waaaay over my head...looks like I need some sleep!!

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
pakster said:
That joke went waaaay over my head...
QUOTE]

Could it be because that the head stays very close to wherever the tongue , sorry tounge, goes ??

Kidding. :D

thierry henry

International Coach
Razzaq is an amazing player. He's already statistically one of the great ODI all-rounders, and already has so much experience behind him and so much youth on his side. However, you never know with Pakistan cricketers- Waqar Younis should have ended up with about 800 test wickets but he was senile by the time he hit 25, while Saqlain Mushtaq seems to be permanently out in the cold despite an astounding ODI record- why he was ever dropped is still beyond me, his alleged loss of form amounted to him averaging 30 for 20 or so matches.

Anyway, we all saw in NZ this summer what a freakishly talented batsman Razzaq is, if he can harness this consistently (which I doubt) he could be anything. His bowling record at ODI level is already very good, which I must admit baffles me somewhat.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I wouldn't say he's one of the great all-rounders just yet - his figures are useful, but his minnow performances (43 with the bat and 17.35 with the ball) somewhat enhance them.

PAKMAN

State 12th Man
hez only gud some times u cant count on himmost of the time ,but wen its his his day hez brilliant

Beleg

International Regular
Razzaq is definately not the bowler he used to be. Those of us who watched him in WC 99 and Aus 99/00 would probably agree with that. His batting, on the other hand, is pretty dependable and has improved. [His bowling average in ODI's has been steadily decreasing - from somewhere around 24 it has come down to 29]

And he has been playing ODI cricket since 1996, he aught to have burnt out a little - specially since he started playing way too early for his own good.

This is true for all Pakistani bowlers, with the possible exception of Imran Khan and Wasim Akram. They rarely last past 32-33.

tooextracool

International Coach
razzaq's finest bowling performance will forever be his 5/31 vs SL in sharjah, he almost singlehandedly won that game with the finest example of reverse swing ive ever seen.
SL were 157/1 at one stage, chasing 196, and they ended up getting all out for 196 and tieing the game.

Sehwag309

Banned
tooextracool said:
razzaq's finest bowling performance will forever be his 5/31 vs SL in sharjah, he almost singlehandedly won that game with the finest example of reverse swing ive ever seen.
SL were 157/1 at one stage, chasing 196, and they ended up getting all out for 196 and tieing the game.
Ya I remember that, wasnt that game a tie? IIRC there was one run to win and he cleaned bowled the last batsman

tooextracool

International Coach
Sehwag309 said:
Ya I remember that, wasnt that game a tie? IIRC there was one run to win and he cleaned bowled the last batsman
yes it was, i mentioned that later.
should change 'almost singlehandedly won that game' to 'almost singlehandedly tied that game'.......

tooextracool

International Coach
Sehwag309 said:
IIRC there was one run to win and he cleaned bowled the last batsman
yep it was chama silva, clean bowled off an in swinging yorker. wasnt the first one who was bowled like that though.

Western Warrior

School Boy/Girl Captain
I will admit I have plenty of time for Abdul Razzaq. His ODI record is better than his test record but in the end he is a true all-rounder that has done a lot for Pakistan.

Test
1281 runs @ 29.79, HS 134
59 wickets @ 37.13 BB 5/35

ODI
3427 runs @ 30.59 HS 112 S/R 79.43
194 wickets @ 29.09 BB 6/35

I don't think he ranks up there with our current crop of all-rounders, namely Kallis, Klusener, Pollock, Cairns etc but at the moment I believe he is in the same league as Flintoff and will only continue to contribute, and contribute well to Pakistani cricket.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Sorry, but I don't think you can class Klusener and Cairns in the Kallis/Pollock category and not Flintoff.

Then to compound it, saying that Razzaq is up with Flintoff!

Western Warrior

School Boy/Girl Captain
marc71178 said:
Sorry, but I don't think you can class Klusener and Cairns in the Kallis/Pollock category and not Flintoff.

Then to compound it, saying that Razzaq is up with Flintoff!
I think I can. Currently Pollock is close to joining the 3000 run / 300 wicket club whilst Kallis is currently the best all-rounder to be playing the game (admittedly his batting is still first class though his bowling is suffering)

You then have Klusener and Cairns sitting underneath the Pollock/Kallis duo (again both are at the end of their careers, especially Cairns who has retired (whether for good remains to be seen))

At the moment the big up and comer is Flintoff and I believe from an ability point of view Razzaq and Flintoff are the most comparable (though Flintoff will probably end up outperforming Razzaq)

amolvaidya79

Cricket Spectator
Ha Ha

pakster said:
Oh come one...this guy deserves his own thread after leading the inexperienced pak bowling attack today. Excellent spell of bowling by the occasional all-rounder...take a bow razzaq!

He seems to perform better when given more responsibility, he is too often used as a stock bowler...his BOWLING talent needs to be harnessed not insulted. He is one of Pak's senior players and under the guidance of boby is definite captain material.

Is razzaq the best all-rounder of all time?...dam right! :p
Oh no, not again how can U be so sure dear that razzak is the best. I do not agree. He can be on of the better & not best. Whats great if player scores after long timw in hia home ground on a slow, dead, dodo track..... isnt it dear