• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Razzaq...

Joao_Quinto

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Western Warrior said:
Who does Pakistan have lined up to replace ul Haq as captain. Razzaq is still young but it already a seasoned campaigner. He seems to have a good cricket brain behind him and is also one of the calmer Pakistani players.

I think they could do worse.
He'd be alright I think. Maybe the pressure could tell though. Having to bat, bowl and captain could be a little too demanding on a player.

deeps

International 12th Man
afridi was captain of the pakistan A team not too long ago, maybe a thought to the future?dont know how he went though

Western Warrior

School Boy/Girl Captain
Joao_Quinto said:
He'd be alright I think. Maybe the pressure could tell though. Having to bat, bowl and captain could be a little too demanding on a player.
That's often said but have a look at Gilchrist, he batted, kept and captained in India with great success.

However, you're right. One tour might be easy but to sustain it over a career might be difficult.

Joao_Quinto

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Western Warrior said:
That's often said but have a look at Gilchrist, he batted, kept and captained in India with great success.

However, you're right. One tour might be easy but to sustain it over a career might be difficult.
I dont see a lot of Razzaq but Im not sure he is of the same character that Gilchrist is. Gilchrist is a bit of a cricket freak.
Take nothing away from Razzaq though, brilliant cricketer.

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
I think someone on this forum mentioned Shoaib Malik as being a possible captaincy option for Pakistan in the future?