• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ganguly = Legend.. Dont u reckon

krishneelz

U19 Debutant
after watching dravids use of kumble while he was captaining the indians. I have realised that Ganguly seems to know what he is doing while he was leading the indians. Personally i hate the guy, but honestly speaking he looks like a great captain and although through the media he is depicted as not having leadership qualities i believe he does. His batting is not to shabby either. Although he screwed up this series he has great technique all he needs is to work on his patience as he always chases those good length wide balls. He also seems to be a handy and intelligent medium pace part time bowler. Only if he was a great fielder maybe he could have cemented himself as a legend or is that not a requirement???

a massive zebra

International Captain
krishneelz said:
after watching dravids use of kumble while he was captaining the indians. I have realised that Ganguly seems to know what he is doing while he was leading the indians. Personally i hate the guy, but honestly speaking he looks like a great captain and although through the media he is depicted as not having leadership qualities i believe he does. His batting is not to shabby either. Although he screwed up this series he has great technique all he needs is to work on his patience as he always chases those good length wide balls. He also seems to be a handy and intelligent medium pace part time bowler. Only if he was a great fielder maybe he could have cemented himself as a legend or is that not a requirement???
I pretty much agree with most of this post. He has been the main catalyst behind much of the success India have enjoyed of late. An excellent captain.

However, his batting cannot be relieved upon and is very hit and miss, while his fielding is even worse.

Could go down as a legendary captain, but thats about it.

krishneelz

U19 Debutant
Has he ever been a good feilder. When i see him in the feild now days he looks like he is trying to save himself from injury/or plain lazy.

Deja moo

International Captain
He is a very good captain because he got India into 11 consecutive finals.....He isnt a great captain cause India won just two of them .

Swervy

International Captain
mavric41 said:
He could be the Mike Brearly of India.
please dont insult the best captain I have ever seen play..Ganguly just doesnt have the captaincy skill of Brearley

Joao_Quinto

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
krishneelz said:
Yeah, I have to agree a little. It is not Ganguly's fault that India cant bowl (exception Kumble). Im not so sure about this "great technique" however. Dravid has a great technique and I dont remember Ganguly looking like a left handed Dravid.

.....with a test and ODI batting average exceeding 40. Which is always nice to have.
Is it? I wouldn't know....yeah I spose it would be ok.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
If Ganguly had Dravid's technique, he would have been averaging in 70s. Dravid is all technique and no heart. Unfortunately Ganguly who is so strong mentally doesn't have a sound technique.

Ganguly is indeed a legend in Indian cricket, but I think his time has come. He should gracefully accept it and should walk away from this team leaving in the hands of others ('Kumble' ??) . I sure dont want Dravid or Sachin as Indian captain

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
steds said:
legend my @rse
Ganguly is to India what Naseer was to England. Only thing is Ganguly was more successful especially in ODIs both as a batsman and as a skipper.

For many of us Indians, he is the best captain in our 50-60 year of cricket history and that's why he is a CRICKET LEGEND for us and you need to understand it from an Indian's perspective.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
not a legend by any means.....he isn't a great captain, but he is also not the worst...he is not a great test batsman, not the worst either, he is a very good one day batsman, but he is a poor fielder....all said and done.....taking all his services to indian cricket to account, he is still average.....