• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ure Favourite Fasts!

Cybersmurf

U19 Cricketer
Out of Bond, Ntini, Lee, Akhtar.

i got this idea from Tim from his previous thread, so thanx :)

i would say Akhtar for pure pace but i think the most accurate underated players in world cricket would b Ntini as he showed it in the VB series. he is absolutely amazing i think! but for future good player i think Bond will be one of the more feared bowlers of his era. i didn't post nothing about Lee cos i, ahh, basically think he sux

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I get an adrenaline rush everytime I see Ahktar bowl, and especially when he sends the wickets cartwheeling.

For me my #2 favourite is Shane Bond for several reasons:
a) he's arguably NZ's quickest bowler ever
b) he's quick, plus he's got control & accuracy which does not often combine with pace.

Cybersmurf

U19 Cricketer
yeah i agree, i LOVE watching akhtar bowl, i rememba a couple of months ago he was bowling and i was watching and he bowlin speed average was 151.5 of 6 overs. he was bowling the best bouncers i have seen in my life, they all when for 4 byes but y can't win them all aye ;)

and about Shane Bond i think he is the fastest eva NZ. the only other guy that comes close is Heath Davi but he sorta really doesn't come close at all lol

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I play indoor cricket with Heath Davis and he's still pretty quick & scary to face as he is so unpredictable, but i'd say Bond would be quite a few k's quicker.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I know that he runs a tournament for Under 9's, 15's & 17's but i sometimes play in a mens grade.

What day do you play?

Cybersmurf

U19 Cricketer
i used to play in the mans grade but i was scared of batting cos the fielders biff it real hard at ure legs lol.

i play under 17's. how old r u?

Eyes_Only

International Debutant
Out of Bond, Ntini, Lee, Akhtar.

i got this idea from Tim from his previous thread, so thanx :)

i would say Akhtar for pure pace but i think the most accurate underated players in world cricket would b Ntini as he showed it in the VB series. he is absolutely amazing i think! but for future good player i think Bond will be one of the more feared bowlers of his era. i didn't post nothing about Lee cos i, ahh, basically think he sux
Like them all but if I had to choose....Brett Lee and Akhtar for pure pace and the excitment of watching them trying to bowl faster than the other!!

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Im 18, I have watched the U17's tournament a couple of times on the Friday night, if I come again what team are you?

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Do you play at the Mt Roskill centre because the U17's there play on Friday nights, I have a couple of friends in the Pakistan team.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Oh ok,

I know there is also another tournament at Balmoral.

I used to play at Balmoral back in the days when I was Under 17.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Mt Roskill, I think Indoor cricket is great & I'd recommend any player to take it up as you learn to communicate with your batting partner, bat & bowl under pressure, take sharp catches & also develop your bowling & batting skills.

Cybersmurf

U19 Cricketer
to true tim. it really does help, but if u are a spinner it sort or screws up ure technique and confidence. my bowling average is like negative 5 but i still get really smashed imbetween. i get loads of wickets but i still lose confidence

yorker

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
"i didn't post nothing about Lee cos i, ahh, basically think he sux"
What makes u think Binga suxs?? i think Lee is a pretty good bowler.

I agree with Roy on Ntini!