• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Most boring player

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It is virtually impossible to make it to a National side without talent. Some players have more talent than others, but all the same,you need talent.

Will Scarlet

U19 Debutant
I can't believe that nobody has mentioned Geoffrey Boycott! The only exciting thing about the guy are his recent relationship problems. Wasn't he dropped from the English test side for playing out a very slow, selfish big century?

And any leg spinner that consistently bowls outside leg stump to slow the run rate!

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Will Scarlet said:
I can't believe that nobody has mentioned Geoffrey Boycott! The only exciting thing about the guy are his recent relationship problems. Wasn't he dropped from the English test side for playing out a very slow, selfish big century?
I think it was a double or a triple, actually. Just shows you how boring it really was.

Linda

International Vice-Captain
I find Chopra quite boring, myself. Sure, he can hold down an end, but I dont really want to watch that.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I wouldn't call him a boring player per se, but Ashley Giles's 30-odd overs pitched unrelentingly outside Sachin's leg stump during one test of our last tour was possibly the most turgid passage of play I've seen.

Western Warrior

School Boy/Girl Captain
Linda said:
I find Chopra quite boring, myself. Sure, he can hold down an end, but I dont really want to watch that.
True. As I said when I started this thread it is very subjective and when one looks at the Sehwag / Chopra pairing one has to admit that having someone with a level head and a sound defence at one end is a good balance when the other player is as aggressive as Sehwag.

When you look at Kepler Wessels you have to admit his record for Australia and South Africa was more than adequate and he played some good knocks. What I found irritating was his complete and utter non-enjoyment of the game. I know I am wrong but I always got the feeling he was out in the middle because he had to not because he wanted to.

Like I said, very subjective. :)

Last edited:

Beleg

International Regular
Either Wajahat Ullah Wasti or Gaven Larsen.

I ain't too fond of the wibbly-wobbly whatever stuff.

bryce

International Regular
gavin larsen was a very boring bowler, but wasn't bryan strang of zimbabwe nicknamed 'the most boring bowler in the world'?