• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Great ODI batsmen

biased indian

International Coach
Sudeep said:
He's actually done well only on the sub-continent. And generally, the sub-continent is considered as a single cricket region...
so if u consider sub continent as single then are all others places similler :wacko: :wacko:

any where in the world the ODI pitches are almost simillar with some odd exceptions

Sudeep

International Captain
biased indian said:
so if u consider sub continent as single then are all others places similler :wacko: :wacko:

any where in the world the ODI pitches are almost simillar with some odd exceptions
Then what's the explanation for de Silva's poor averages outside the sub-continent?

tooextracool

International Coach
biased indian said:
i think he would have played in 10 -15 coutries so he is a native of all the remainung countries that u have not mentioned :p :p
i think its fairly obvious that by home oriented wickets, i mean pitches similar to those at home. that takes sharjah,pakistan and india out of the equation.

tooextracool

International Coach
biased indian said:

there are minor differences between those pitches,however the fact that hes struggled outside the subcontinent suggests that he cant be rated as highly.....

bryce

International Regular
aravinda de silva had a couple of seasons playing domestic cricket in new zealand for auckland so there is no real excuse there.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
tresco's army said:
Have to say that at the moment I feel that Ramnaresh Sarwan is one of the top ODI batsman around. Seems to finish games a lot just like Bevan. Clearly Gayle is good for the WI but he isn't quite as consistant and doesn't finish like Sarwan

G2 agree. But I don't understand why they want him at 3 rather than 4. Ideally, West Indies should open with Gayle and someone else with Lara at 3 and Sarwan at 4.

Shauno1976

Cricket Spectator
How can you rate Murali???

How can you rate Murali as the bset bowler?

He has never bowled a ball in his life - HE THROWS IT!!!!

The ICC changed the rules (by allowing 15% bend) to make his action legal. He should have been banned when Darrell Hair called him on Boxing Day all of those years ago.:@

PhoenixFire

International Coach
How can you rate Murali as the bset bowler?

He has never bowled a ball in his life - HE THROWS IT!!!!

The ICC changed the rules (by allowing 15% bend) to make his action legal. He should have been banned when Darrell Hair called him on Boxing Day all of those years ago.:@
What an insightful post, I've never heard anyone air views like that before, do carry on 8-)