• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Breaking News - Ganguly Dropped ???

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
The grapevine is abuzz with the talk that Ganguly has been dropped. :-O

Very interesting if true :blink:

What will they do if Kaif scores in this test too ...and so does Laxman ???

Ganguly to open or to keep wickets :p

Deja moo

International Captain
SJS said:
The grapevine is abuzz with the talk that Ganguly has been dropped. :-O

Very interesting if true :blink:

What will they do if Kaif scores in this test too ...and so does Laxman ???

Ganguly to open or to keep wickets :p
]

hahaha....dont know how to react if that is indeed true .

If he has really been dropped for non-medical reasons , kudos to the selectors(?) for showing some guts. I hope he makes it back just because he is one of my favourite players .

Of course, what I really hope is that he has a side strain which heals in time for the last test .

Warne is god

U19 12th Man
Gantooly being dropped wouldn't surprise me, he hasn't done much lately. And thats me being nuetral. Me in my Gantooly hating mood is loving this :D :D :D

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
If true I am surprised since Ganguly seemed 'unshakeable'.

If true I am also impressed for its a bold decision but not totally unwarranted.

I would, however, be disappointed if we went through the sham of an injury rather than Ganguly saying he would like to sit out due to lack of runs and Kaif not deserving to be dropped.

All in all very interesting but is it true...well....???

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Drop him during an extremely important series? I seriously doubt it.

shaka

International Regular
The only things that support that claim, is htat he wanted the groundsman to shave the pitch or something yesterday, and i assume he did so in person without the effect of a strain, also his recent run of form would be another reason, but seeing as he is captain I would not be able to agree with him being dropped.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
shaka said:
The only things that support that claim, is htat he wanted the groundsman to shave the pitch or something yesterday, and i assume he did so in person without the effect of a strain, also his recent run of form would be another reason, but seeing as he is captain I would not be able to agree with him being dropped.
There has already been some criticism of Ganguly for mentioning to the press that he had asked the curator to shave off the grass and the curator refused to do his bidding.

Dydl

International Debutant
The curator refused, because I believe that Nagpur and the Indian Cricket Board or some other name like that, are politically opposed, they might have believed that Ganguly was acting for them or something like that. As they are opposed, they obviously wouldn't carry out a request from their (apparent) oppositions.

hourn

U19 Cricketer
my first reaction when i saw at and Dean Jones asked Dravid "what is wrong with Sourav" and his response was along the lines of "yeaahh...ummm...he's just got a big of...ahhh....a..umm..leg problem....."

I don't think he would have been dropped.

My first theory was he has had a huge dummy spit over the whole pitch incident. Seems a bit childish and 12 year oldish in the professional world of sport but Gangully is the sorta character that would do that i reckon.....

Of course he may be injured, but Dravid didn't seem to certain what his injuries where, and there was absolutely no mention of it up until an hour before the test.

Of course he may have been dropped, and rather than dropping the captain they're taking the soft option and saying hes injured....

but i have a feeling my theory could gain some momentum behind it as the days go by....

KennyD

International Vice-Captain
well i think its a good chance for Dravid to lead his country against the top yeam in the world, and prove hikself to be agood captain, and oust Ganguly 4eva!

Warne is god

U19 12th Man
Look at it this way, if Ganguly wasn't the captain he would've been dropped a while ago. His injury has just made it very easy for the selectors. Ganguly could find it hard to get back into the team based on form.

Warne is god said:
Look at it this way, if Ganguly wasn't the captain he would've been dropped a while ago. His injury has just made it very easy for the selectors. Ganguly could find it hard to get back into the team based on form.
Yes Absolutely right ... By the way Warne is not God :p

shaka

International Regular
Warne is god said:
I woud have to agree.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
KennyD said:
well i think its a good chance for Dravid to lead his country against the top yeam in the world, and prove hikself to be agood captain, and oust Ganguly 4eva!
Except it's not looking that way, and in his previous game before that the side was hammered as well...

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Warne is god said:
Gantooly being dropped wouldn't surprise me, he hasn't done much lately. And thats me being nuetral. Me in my Gantooly hating mood is loving this :D :D :D

Warne is god said:

I must say that you are a slow learner. It took you almost 24 hours to learn to Sourav's name. Now that you have worked so hard to learn it, make sure you do not suffer from any furthur memory loss.