• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Gary Kirsten : the whistleblower

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I think the ideal thing for him would've been not to be playing owing to her condition.

Of course he didn't really want that, and it's quite possible he got caught up in the heat of the game then Sarwan's response brought him back to earth.

That said, had it not been for his wife's condition at the time, Sarwan's response would've gone down as an all time classic!

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sanz said:
I didn't reply to the rest of your posts because it would seriously derail the thread and to be very frank I dont really have that much time either to go over every point you made.

If you are not defending Mcgrath's behaviour then there is no point in discussing furthur, My point was clearly aimed at someone who was actually trying to defend Mcgrath's action by putting the blame on Sarwan claiming that it was Sarwan who sledged Mcgrath.

My stance on this issue :- Whoever crosses the line be it Indian, Australian or martian should not get away with it. And I would be ashamed if an Indian player does it.
of course, ok then.....

Bapu Rao Swami

U19 12th Man
Actually Adam Gilchrist said it best. Its just a cultural difference.

I have met Aussie players in person, numerous times,had beers with them etc etc. they're cool going people in nature, they just have too much testosterone in them. Folks like Hayden & Symonds, these two could best be described as gentle giants if you meet them.

I heard the two of them swam back eight miles after their fishing boat got stranded.

Take my word, it just is a cultural difference, moreso with Australia. I would imagine because they're geographically isolated and don't mix up with different people thus are not much aware of other peoples feelings & culture etc.

The reason I don't hold the Aussies entirely responsible is because I've seen hard sledging from the Windies in their peak, ppl like Ambrose, Richardson, come to mind. also Roy Gilchrist and Sylvester Clarke, Wes Hall and Charlie Griffith although I never saw them live.That said it is good to see Pontings men make changes, they've done very well since Cricket Australia brought in the 'spirit of Cricket' last year. Kudos.