• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best Player Nickname?

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Has anyone seen that "Full Frontal" skit where they're having a go at Sports Tonight, and Tim Webster is coming up with all these theories on the cricketers nicknames?

Mark "Tubby" Taylor is so named because he likes taking baths.

Paul "Pistol" Reiffel likes shooting or something.

And Ian "Heals" Healy: "Dunno what that is... Must be something to do with his feet."

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
The man in my avatar, Ewen Chatfield had a couple, including the Naenae Express (the suburb that he lived in), and "Mer", as his team mates thought he looked like a farmer.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Voltman said:
The man in my avatar, Ewen Chatfield had a couple, including the Naenae Express (the suburb that he lived in), and "Mer", as his team mates thought he looked like a farmer.
Wasn't he the guy who got v badly brained by Peter Lever?

There's pretty famous pic of Lever in tears cos he thought he'd killed him.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Thought I'd resurrect this thread 'cos I just heard Warren Hegg call Andrew Symonds "Ronald" (I think) during the Hants-Lancs game on Sky. Anyone know why he's called that?

What with Symonds's mad hair & seemingly permanent zinc block on his lips I wonder if it's a ref to the MacDonald's clown of the same name.....? :D

Brett Lee has the two best.

Binga becase of a shop called Bing Lee Electricals.

And Oswald because of when the batting order was...

His brother Shane Lee
Ian Harvey
Brett Lee (Oswald)

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
BoyBrumby said:
Thought I'd resurrect this thread 'cos I just heard Warren Hegg call Andrew Symonds "Ronald" (I think) during the Hants-Lancs game on Sky. Anyone know why he's called that?

What with Symonds's mad hair & seemingly permanent zinc block on his lips I wonder if it's a ref to the MacDonald's clown of the same name.....? :D

nah its Roy actually, but i don't know why

archie mac

International Coach
Bapu Rao Swami said:
Fred Trueman aka Typhoon
Frank Tyson was known as Typhoo :)

I always liked 'horse'
For Geoffrey Graham Arnold

Souda for Peter Sleep

Fot for Dennis Lillee

Fitter 'n' for Alan Turner

CHO for John Gleeson

twctopcat

International Regular
Andrew "Frankie Frederick Mcflintoff". One of my own there.

Gummy for Harmison is quite amusing.