• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* NZ Domestic Season

shaka

International Regular
Lou Vincent is playing for Takapuna in Auckland 1st division, and his scores so far this season are:137* and about 3 fifty scores, there have only been four games played so far, really impressed with his batting so far, hope he keeps it up, he also as a best bowling this season of 4/52, impressive for a guy who hardly bowls.

bryce

International Regular
the new zealand domestic season kicks off december 9th if i am correct with the state championship.

btw it doesn't seem like the brightest idea to put 3 sepearate domestic competitions in one thread......

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Warm-up matches begin on November 3rd at Lincoln.

NZ Academy, Otago, N.D, Auckland, Canterbury, Wellington & C.D take part.

bryce

International Regular
yes that is true, the academy team is an excellent idea and they usually perform very well and alot of those players get call-ups for their respective teams during the season if they perform well in these matches.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
bryce said:
btw it doesn't seem like the brightest idea to put 3 sepearate domestic competitions in one thread......
To be honest, I can't really see there being much talk on any of them through the winter.

bryce

International Regular
well there is a few new zealanders on this forum so i think there will be a bit of talk on the new zealand domestic season, as for the others...... i don't know.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
There was a tournament over Labour Weekend between Dunedin Metro, Southland, North Otago and Central Otago Hawke Cup teams - I know Southland had two wins, but I have a feeling Metro cleaned up.

The tournament decides who gets a challenge for the Hawke Cup later on. The current holders are Mid Canterbury, who won against Northland last year, and retained it against Taranaki.

Mingster

State Regular
Hey Voltman, is this the same guy who posts on TSF too?

Vincent has been playing so well because he's playing in the 1st Div, and now Premier.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Mingster said:
Hey Voltman, is this the same guy who posts on TSF too?

Vincent has been playing so well because he's playing in the 1st Div, and now Premier.
Correct - five points to you.

Kent

State 12th Man
Richardson makes use of chance with Academy side

New Zealand's Cricket Academy made a solid start to their end of year campaign when posting 306 for five wickets in their two-day game against Canterbury at Bert Sutcliffe Oval today.

The game was played in perfect conditions which lasted throughout the day.

And it wasn't only the Academy players who made their mark. Black Caps opener Mark Richardson, who didn't get a lot of time in the middle in Bangladesh, retired on 74 after 217 minutes and 174 balls at the crease. He shared an opening stand of 142 for the first wicket with Peter Carey who scored 56. However, no sooner had Richardson departed than Carey was out.

However, the following batsmen worked hard to regain their momentum with Brad Wilson scoring 22, Daniel Flynn 34 and BJ Watling 66. Brent Finlay also contributed 37 not out.

Of the Canterbury bowlers, Dean Comyns took two for 62, Brendon Donkers one for 42 and Richard Sherlock one for 23.

Kent

State 12th Man
306/5 in early November!

The only way we'd be scoring 300 a day in Wellington is if the ball was actually stopping mid-pitch, allowing batsmen to walk up and whack it. :)

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Correct me if im wrong but wasn't Watling the batsman who batted 80 balls & only scored 15 odd runs against India back in the U19 World Cup? But credit to Watling he did increase his strike-rate & I think he ended up with a half century.

I hear Lincoln's been getting some rather dry spells of weather recently. I hope the batsmen enjoy it while it lasts!

Kent

State 12th Man
Papps and Stewart score centuries

Michael Papps emulated his New Zealand opening partner Mark Richardson by making the most of the chance for time in the middle when the Canterbury XI batted against the New Zealand Academy side on the second day of their two-day game at Bert Sutcliffe Oval.

Papps, who was forced out of the tour of Bangladesh due to injury, scored 104 off 160 balls before he retired having helped the side recover from an early onslaught by Mark Orchard which left Canterbury 64 for three wickets, once more in perfect conditions at Lincoln University's High Performance Centre.

Papps was joined by Shanan Stewart, and they shared a fine stand of 171, with Stewart also reaching three figures and also retiring, on 100 off 109 balls.

Canterbury ended up on 335 for eight wickets when the match ended as a draw, with Orchard taking the wicket of Canterbury captain Andrew Ellis and finishing with four for 62 off 21 overs.

Scores were: NZ Academy 306-5 (M Richardson 74 ret, BJ Watling 66, P Carey 56; D Comyns 2-61) drew with Canterbury 335-8 (M Papps 104 ret, S Stewart 100 ret; M Orchard four for 62).

Kent

State 12th Man
Papps will be cursing that damn injury, won't he?

I guess we'll have to wait until SA itself to see if the Proteas were right about him, unless Sinclair can somehow exceed everyone's expectations and retain that second opening spot.

anzac

International Debutant
Stewarts another guy you'd have to put in the mix so far as middle order candidates goes - didn't perhaps go so well early in the season but came home with some strong performances once the Black Caps were no longer available for CANT.