• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* NZ Domestic Season

Darrin

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
*Official*NZ Domestic Season

anzac said:
so far as the speculation in the papers goes.............

Fulton would be 1st cab off the rink for a middle order spot, then possibly J Marshall would be 2nd because he has played as an opener, then Taylor.........

Ryder would not be in contention for a full squad spot unless he keeps putting together sound 50+ innings from now until the end of the season..........

I'm surprised that Stewart's name has not bee brought up - he doesn't grab the headlines but he's been a solid performer over the last couple of seasons.............

if there is an 'A' Team series then depending on the SRL series squad I'd like to see as many of the contenders in there as possible - with both bat & ball.............J Marshall, Papps, Fulton, Taylor, Stewart, Ryder, Hopkins, B Martin, Bond, Butler, Adams, Hamilton - a pity that both Sherlock & Davis are injured..............
All this talk about the middle order. We need to sort out the top-order first. Lets find 2 openers first and then move from there. It is not helping astle games to be coming in at 3/30!!

psxpro

Banned
Anyone know what pace Bond has been bowling at? I listened to some commentary but these commentators dont tell us how fast he has been bowling!!
He got 4 wickets on a flar track in the first innings though, so things could be looking up.
Unless he injures himself again.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I read an interview with James Marshall who just finished a FC match against Canterbury at the weekend and he said Bond was definately bowling at pace & moving the ball. He also said he looks ready for test cricket.

shaka

International Regular
Auckland versus Wellington in the final
Scores currently are:
Wellington batted first, made 235 all out
Auckland replied with 325 all out, Gillespie got 6 wickets.
Wellington currently 215 for 6, Nevin just out for 68 lbw.

shaka

International Regular
269/9 now, Walmsley has five wickets, Woodcock going for his maiden century, currently on 95* with the number 11 batter trying to support him, number 11 batter is Azhar Abbas

crickey

Cricket Spectator
southern man said:
There are a couple of decent young seem bowlers down here in Craig Smith and Matt Harvie. Harvie has already played for Otago and has a contract, while Smith will probarbly get a go this season with a few other up and comers.
im sorry but matt harvie is pants!!! he may have got a contract but has had no game time because hes got nothing! otago gave away contracts this year to those not deserving!!! Jordan sheed....yeah hes scored heaps of runs lol, matt harvie...say no more, marcel mackenzie...another guy who can perform in A's but not make the cut first class...the list goes on

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Expect to see Ross Dykes named as the new CEO for Otago Cricket tomorrow. Good acquisition after the previous boss, Graeme Elliott (a family friend), did a lot of hard work sorting their finances out.

shaka

International Regular
Huge shock as Chris Martin announces he is switching to Auckland cricket team for next season! will be sorely missed in Canterbury, maybe it will improve his performances in internationals

brockley

International Captain
Heard a rumour here that jon davidson was considering playing in nz if he failed to get a state contract this season.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Chris Martin switching to Auckland means that Canterbury are perhaps looking to introduce Burtt & Sherlock (when fit, lol) regularly next season.

Martin is a good signing for Auckland, but im not sure why Auckland are signing players outside of the region once again when there are a couple of decent quicks coming through the club system.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Tim said:
Chris Martin switching to Auckland means that Canterbury are perhaps looking to introduce Burtt & Sherlock (when fit, lol) regularly next season.

Martin is a good signing for Auckland, but im not sure why Auckland are signing players outside of the region once again when there are a couple of decent quicks coming through the club system.
I'm pretty sure Martin came to them, rather than being chased. Read something on the TVNZ site about his partner taking up a job in Auckland.

News (either good or bad) on Sherlock is just about non-existent it seems. I did a search of the Christchurch Press archives a while back, and there was nothing since January when he was starting his comeback as a club batsman.

I wonder if it'll be deja vu all over again, with critics questioning who this mysterious Sherlock is when the NZ A side to tour Sri Lanka is named. Butler and Sherlock taking the new ball perhaps, although I have my doubts whether the selectors would be brave enough for that.

Last edited:

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Mike Hesson named Otago Volts coach. Mike who, you may ask. He's been about the Otago scene for plenty of years working his way through the coaching level system. Struggles for respect from the players due to his mediocre senior club cricket career.

A very strange appointment.

southern man

U19 Cricketer
It seems he is given the boot to Mr Wasim aswell, Sad to see him go. As while he didn't do to flash last year he had to talent to do well, and he did his bit in the community.

His replacement is a South African who averages close to fifty in domestic cricket, has played county cricket, but not international. No name was given but apparently he is all signed. Will scratch around my contacts to try and find out who it is. Anyone got any ideas?

Not a fan of Hesson, I would of gone for someone with abit more experience, I would of gone after some of the experienced coaches around Otago there are some that have been around town coaching for a very long time. Who have coached alot of the local players, and might even be able to get some of the Ex Otago players back.

shaka

International Regular
Matthew Hart imo turned into a pretty decent batsman at the end of his career, but his bowling went downhill somewhat.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Walker was only 28 wasn't he? Certainly a surprise.

Any guesses for the captaincy of Auckland next season? Horne if he's still around? Jones? Maybe even Styris?