• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Sri Lanka in Pakistan Thread

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
A record for latest tour thread to be started?

The Test is already underway, and a good start from Shoaib...

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
didn't even realise Sri Lanka was to play in Pakistan!
Sri Lanka 58/3 at lunch.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
marc71178 said:
A record for latest tour thread to be started?

The Test is already underway, and a good start from Shoaib...
Certainly a record !! I would have thought a certain Pak fan (U know who - Stay kool :laugh: ) who spends a lot of time on another thread rubbing it in, on Indian fans would have started this thread ! :D

Definitely a great start by Pakistan and Shoaib.

Lankans already struggling, and without Murali , I suspect they are bound to struggle further, unless Vaas, along with Malinga and Dilhara Fernando can do something when they get a chance with the ball. Anyway too early to talk about that, but then again may be not , if Shoaib gets going after Lunch. :)

FRAZ

International Captain
109 Points to Pakistan , If they continue well ... 2ND POSITION TOO In Icc test championship ........
Lets see ......
Shoaib is the best some times I feel , But Harmison is way better to compete ..... And to some Mini me wanna bes over here . Dont start any thing Please.
Thanks
Stay kool

FRAZ

International Captain
Dasa said:
didn't even realise Sri Lanka was to play in Pakistan!
Sri Lanka 58/3 at lunch.
Yup they are indeed playing ....... I think you dont realy follow Pakistan in cricket .............
Any ways happy birthday to you!!!!

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
Ahh thank you! You are right though, I don't follow Pakistan much - just try to keep up with the news.

FRAZ

International Captain
Dasa said:
Ahh thank you! You are right though, I don't follow Pakistan much - just try to keep up with the news.
Your very welcome, I hope you are enjoying your last teen year . And by the way just as a joke and my trade mark question , Which country do you usually follow in cricket ...... As your answer suggests this question :D :D ..
Any ways . 142/4 and tea ..... so many droped catches , Kaneria doing a wonderful job but wicketless.........
And as usual
Stay kool

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Batsmen take the light with Samaraweea on 97... Anyone else think that is an interesting decision?

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Great Bowling by Sami and Akhtar, I hope they can continue it tomorrow. Has anyone seen Razzaq bowl lately, I hear he has been bowling really well much like he used to bowl in 1999-2000.

Anyways I hope Sri Lanka does well :)

Mecnun

U19 Debutant
I've got a feeling 250-290 would be a good score here for a first innings and going by Pak's recent chasing fiascos suffice to say I will be watching with some trepidation. I cant believe teh damn fielding blunders though even after BW having improved them somewhat.. but what to do as a Pak fan besides..Go Pak ;)

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Mr Casson said:
Batsmen take the light with Samaraweea on 97... Anyone else think that is an interesting decision?
Agree it may be a decision that they may regret, as the New Ball will become available at the start of the second day and those three runs may become elusive. :blink:

I suspect the SL innings will close once the new ball is taken. (probably under 250)

FRAZ

International Captain
Sanz said:
Anyways I hope Sri Lanka does well :)
Yup for you any team should do well whichever is playing against them ...
Stay Kool
First day goes to Pakistan and there is nothing much in the pitch but I thought Kaneria dude should have done well .. Anil dilput(Test cricketer Pakistan ) has really coached his nephew very well i.e. Kaneria ...

viktor

State Vice-Captain
I remember reading that Anil Dalpat and Kaneria don't get along....
EDIT: found it:http://hindustantimes.com/htcricket/6939_671808,001600530000.htm
Kaneria has another, better known cousin, his mother's brother's son. Anil Dalpat, another Hindu who played for Pakistan. Dalpat though, has nothing to do with Kaneria's interest in the game.

Kaneria doesn't want to go into what caused the friction but the animosity is clear and the reference to his famous cousin is the only time in the conversation when the bubbly leg-spinner's brow gets furrowed.

Last edited:

FRAZ

International Captain
viktor said:
I remember reading that Anil Dalpat and Kaneria don't get along....
EDIT: found it:http://hindustantimes.com/htcricket/6939_671808,001600530000.htm
Kaneria has another, better known cousin, his mother's brother's son. Anil Dalpat, another Hindu who played for Pakistan. Dalpat though, has nothing to do with Kaneria's interest in the game.

Kaneria doesn't want to go into what caused the friction but the animosity is clear and the reference to his famous cousin is the only time in the conversation when the bubbly leg-spinner's brow gets furrowed.
What a wonderful and lovely link . Thank you very much .... I always appreciate such things ........
You see once again this f ing "Media thing is there which scruuuus up every thing ".
thanx Victor . By the way I guess I saw an intervew of Anil I guess , In which may be it was stated that he has some thing positive to do with his inclusion at this level.......
Go Kaneria boy go ........ 2nd innings is yours .......

Last edited: