• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Sri Lanka in Pakistan Thread

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Faisalabad certainly looks to be a flat batting track now. SL 250/3 , Jayasuriya 107 n.o, Samaraweera 10 n.o., Shoaib 2/52, Kaneria 1/84.

Congratulations to Jayasuriya, on a brilliant Century. What a way to bring up a century with a six. :clapping: :clap:

IMO, Pak still in with a chance, considering the pitch now playing like a real flat track. All depends on how the top order for Pakistan bat in the second innings.

Last edited:

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
At Close of Play Day 3, SL 3/285 . Lead 264. Jayasuriya 131 n.o., Samaraweera 15 n.o.

While SL appear on top ATM , it only takes a couple of wickets to rattle an innings and with the new ball due in 10 overs, that could determine the extent of the lead, if Shoaib gets on fire.

IMO, SL may need to bat through till at least Lunch on Day 4. Pak may still have a chance if the lead is under 400 considering this pitch now playing true.

Interesting Day ahead.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
tooextracool said:
his performances outside the sub continent(and NZ who seem to be jinxed against him) have been distinctly poor. in australia he averages nearly 68, in SA he averages 43 , and in england he averages 64.
shoaib akhtars performances should be analyzed in spells, generally hes rubbish for 5 out of 6 spells in a match.
And How many tests has he played in Australia, SA & England in last five years ?? 2 may be 3 ?? I dont know about you but I can call him inconsistent on the basis of his performance in one or two tests. If he can succeed against these team on flat pitches he can succeed against them on fast pitches also.

I dont think you have watched Shoaib Akhtar bowl in last 5 years.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Woo Hoo, Great Performance by Sanath. They need to bat till TEA on the 4th day and put up a target of at least 500 runs. :)

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
FRAZ said:
Huh "Veggie Sarcasm".. Huh Huh .Any one new to certain names ,Is gonna write them as he hears them .... And by the way Your name must be Sandeepay or Sanjay . May be some people new to this name can put San as Sun ........ No offense was there any ways . I dont know what is the problem with some people ........
How do you pronounce "I" in Flirt and "U" in Puff. Did'nt take care then what .....
Stay Kool any ways
Back to the topic , Srilankans have an upper hand in this one ........
I really don't see what "Veggie" has to do with anything.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Neil Pickup said:
I really don't see what "Veggie" has to do with anything.
It's probably a North Indian/Pakistani thing where Cursing or telling adult/dirty jokes is considered NON-VEG TALK. :p Any talk in a civilized manner is considered 'Veggie' . :wacko:

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Tony Blade, I didn't say it to offend anyone. I myself come from the Northern part of India and know this for a fact that people in that part always classify Jokes as Veg and Non-Veg.

Mecnun

U19 Debutant
Let's stick with cricket here.. If any food groups are to come under discussions than lets talk about the pies pak bowlers have been serving the sri lankans in their second innings. They were catering for both veggies and non-veggies in faislabad especially kaneria's culinary skills were greatly appreciated by Jayasuria.

Bouncer

State Regular
Pak dont deserve to win this Game unless untill any Miracle happens now......Great Performance by SL.....and they have proven that if there is any asian team that can come back from any lose that is them....

BiG Picture: Pak practically lost any advantage (and possible the game)they had over SL when Inzi went for the Slog sweep with moving his feet.

tooextracool

International Coach
Sanz said:
And How many tests has he played in Australia, SA & England in last five years ?? 2 may be 3 ?? I dont know about you but I can call him inconsistent on the basis of his performance in one or two tests.
If he can succeed against these team on flat pitches he can succeed against them on fast pitches also.
its 4 test matches, 3 in australia, 1 in england. 3 in SA in 98 but given that that is not in the 5 year period that you state it can be eliminated. nonetheless it must be stated that he was distinctly poor in every one of those games.
and bowlers like chaminda vaas have shown that you can be a better bowler in sub continental conditions and then be rubbish away. both of them are capable yes, but usually they just lose consistency.

Sanz said:
I dont think you have watched Shoaib Akhtar bowl in last 5 years.
people have a mistaken opinion about shoaib, many people look at his figures and say great, 3/60 amazing stuff. if you analyze it closer, you would see that shoaib probably had figures of 0/50, the team usually got 400+ and then shoaib akthar decided to clean up the tail.
ive watched shoaib a lot, and usually its one deadly spell a series and thats about it. sometimes it makes his figures look a whole lot better, like against australia at home, sometimes it doesnt like vs india at home.

FRAZ

International Captain
tooextracool said:
people have a mistaken opinion about shoaib, many people look at his figures and say great, 3/60 amazing stuff. if you analyze it closer, you would see that shoaib probably had figures of 0/50, the team usually got 400+ and then shoaib akthar decided to clean up the tail.
ive watched shoaib a lot, and usually its one deadly spell a series and thats about it. sometimes it makes his figures look a whole lot better, like against australia at home, sometimes it doesnt like vs india at home.
Huh , Offcourse "What if India had Shoaib Akhtar " , He was'nt even gonna make to any regional team ... Huh Huh .......
And have you got any idea , how many times Shoaib has bowled out the opposition's top order . I rate him 2nd best in the world after Harmison .. Try to ask any one not from ""Mongolia", they are gonna rate him high for sure .. Yeah for you obviously "Agarkar has more spark and killer instinct in his hmmmm Eyes"..

Last edited:

FRAZ

International Captain
And hey you "tooextra" some thing , are'nt you the one upon whom a thread was made that , your posts just have quoting and these are extra boring and pointless .. Now I am not offending you but it has been said before right here and some one made the thread about tooextra vs richard ... People said that Richard always have a point and you .........
Any ways
Stay tooextracool
lol

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
FRAZ said:
Huh , Offcourse "What if India had Shoaib Akhtar " , He was'nt even gonna make to any regional team ... Huh Huh .......
And have you got any idea , how many times Shoaib has bowled out the opposition's top order . I rate him 2nd best in the world after Harmison .. Try to ask any one not from ""Mongolia", they are gonna rate him high for sure .. Yeah for you obviously "Agarkar has more spark and killer instinct in his hmmmm Eyes"..
Hey Idiot, I am the one who is defending Shoaib and guess what I am from the place you prefer to call 'Mongolia' So next time be little generous in your posts.

Some people they just spoil all the fun with their stupid posts.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
First of all in Last 5 years, Shoaib has played only 1 away test against the teams you mentioned in Lords against England and 1 test is no way to judge his consistency. And you can't compare Vaas to Shoaib, they are two diffeerent type of bowlers. Vaas should be compared to Pollock,Mcgrath etc whereas Shoaib can be compared to Harmison, Lee, Bond, Gillespie etc. You do the comparison and tell us if he is better than everyone in that list or not.

And trust me I am not telling this after looking at his stats, I have seen him bowl in last couple of years and I know how devastating he can be.

viktor

State Vice-Captain
FRAZ said:
Hmmm... I kinda thought thats what Miandad had said about Pathan...

Mecnun

U19 Debutant
viktor said:
Hmmm... I kinda thought thats what Miandad had said about Pathan...
I think Miandad's comments were taken out of context. Pathan was young and being hyped up for obvious reasons that he is good for his age and Miandad has a reputation for winding up opposition and hence made that remark in jest and people have made too much of it. Ofcourse I dont claim to know mian's mind but that is what it seems like in all probability. He isnt the first to do it and wont be the last when some light hearted comment has ended up coming to haunt someone.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
^ couldn't have been more right Mecnun. Unfortunately the media in the subcontinent has been hijacked by idiots and I have really stopped reading them. Miandad as fierce and competitive character as he was on the field was known as one of the nicest and most friendly cricketers off the field. (That is from what I have heard and read about him)

FRAZ

International Captain
Sanz said:
Hey Idiot, I am the one who is defending Shoaib and guess what I am from the place you prefer to call 'Mongolia' So next time be little generous in your posts.

Some people they just spoil all the fun with their stupid posts.
Hey you, Am I even quoting and talking to you ... And take away these herbal abuses ... As I already told another person , who called me this to lets confirm who is "Idiot".....
I think I gave the Message to some one who deserved to get it !!!!