• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Damn the rain

twctopcat

International Regular
India, apparently the pitch was actually starting to flatten out after the break up of the first couple of days.

thirdumpire

School Boy/Girl Captain
twctopcat said:
India, apparently the pitch was actually starting to flatten out after the break up of the first couple of days.

....."India may have been slightly in front," Gilchrist added. "But we scored only 219 runs on the fourth day. Day five, worn out pitch, it would have been increasingly difficult (to have won) ... in the Australia Post, Tue 19 October 2004

Deja moo

International Captain
thirdumpire said:
....."India may have been slightly in front," Gilchrist added. "But we scored only 219 runs on the fourth day. Day five, worn out pitch, it would have been increasingly difficult (to have won) ... in the Australia Post, Tue 19 October 2004

Gillespie played 165 balls....that was a major reason for the slow rate of scoring.

As Sehwag showed , run making on that pitch was nowhere near as difficult as the Aussies made it seem ( they were batting to save the match, remember )

thirdumpire

School Boy/Girl Captain
right. the difference in opinion from the guy on the field and the one sitting out. shows the guy had a positive outlook to the result and had not given up on the match at that time...

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
thirdumpire said:
"This game was fifty-fifty, in the balance. Anybody could have won. We were well-placed, chasing 200, but it could have gone either way. " Ganguly at the press meet last evening.

:sleep: ...just another point of view ... :sleep:

thirdumpire

School Boy/Girl Captain
SJS said:
"This game was fifty-fifty, in the balance. Anybody could have won. We were well-placed, chasing 200, but it could have gone either way. " Ganguly at the press meet last evening.
well said, my thoughts same too. victory was not assured....

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I think it was 50:50, that's why its so tragic.

I can honestly say I would of rathered Australia win on the 5th day, then rain wash out the draw. I just really wanted to see an end to a great match. :(

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Jono - would have ;)

It does worry me somewhat that I had India down as much more certain to win (70:30) than a lot of Indian fans!

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Jono said:
I think it was 50:50, that's why its so tragic.

I can honestly say I would of rathered Australia win on the 5th day, then rain wash out the draw. I just really wanted to see an end to a great match. :(
You may find this difficult to believe, but someone said here yesterday that he was happy with the 'washout' in Chennai because there had been enough 'mini' climaxes during the first four days !!!
:-O :-O :-O

KennyD

International Vice-Captain
yeah its a real shame, coulda been a bit of a classic, a real tight finish going either way, but I reckon the Indians would have just got there.

The Baconator

International Vice-Captain
not that i've seen any of it but it looked to be shaping up to be a great finish and if i had to say who would win it would be the aussies 51:49