• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

If I was a Pakistani Selector

Behlol

U19 Vice-Captain
If I was a Pakistani Selector this would have been my 15 men squad

1.Inzamam(capt)
2.Youhana
3.S.Malik
4.S.Afridi
5.I.Farhat
6.Y.Hameed
7.S.Butt
8.Y.Khan
9.A.Razzaq
10.Umer Gul
11.M.Sami
12.Rao Ifthikhar
13.S.Akhter
14.Rana Naved Ul Hasan
15.S.Mushtaq

ReallyCrazy

Banned
i think taufeeq umer is better than farhat.

btw im wondering about mushtaq ahmed? he made a brief comeback last year and disappeared in the shadows again.....

FRAZ

International Captain
ReallyCrazy said:
i think taufeeq umer is better than farhat.

One of the few times when you have extreme logic . He is unfit now a days . He was one of the once in a while few reliable batsmen in Pakistan .......

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Why is Naved-ul-Hasan in this team? He's only a bits-and-pieces player! Maybe Azhar Mahmood can be brought back- he did a good job as a strike bowler, at least once, in an ODI, and he can bat quite well.

A lot was said about someone named Rauf. What's he like?

FRAZ

International Captain
^ Rauf is one who is of the same pace as shoaib in nets atleast but no control .....
Rana is a good swing bowler but he is'nt being utilized properly. His second spell is always a worry unlike other Pakistani reverse swingers ........ Rauf is a great discovery but dunno why he been notorious for line and length . Throw the guy in atleast for one game and lets see...........

viktor

State Vice-Captain
FRAZ said:
He is a Pakistani Batsman . Immense talent with upstair cavity ...
:D. is salim elahi completely out of the picture?? also there was danish kaneria, or is he only in the side for tests?

Tony Blade

U19 Cricketer
Arjun said:
Why is Naved-ul-Hasan in this team? He's only a bits-and-pieces player! Maybe Azhar Mahmood can be brought back- he did a good job as a strike bowler, at least once, in an ODI, and he can bat quite well.

A lot was said about someone named Rauf. What's he like?
Rana bowls very well in his first spell but cannot bowl in the death. He almost always provides early breakthroughs.... probably wont be in the team when Shabbir's back though

tooextracool

International Coach
Arjun said:
yes now im convinced azhar mahmood should be brought back!
seriously how someone can suggest that a team shouldnt pick a bits and pieces player, and then bring up azhar mahmood as a candidate for selection is truly baffling.....

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
tooextracool said:
yes now im convinced azhar mahmood should be brought back!
seriously how someone can suggest that a team shouldnt pick a bits and pieces player, and then bring up azhar mahmood as a candidate for selection is truly baffling.....
Mahmood isn't too bad as a strike bowler- he did quite well in England, although that was a single ODI. He has a few 5-wicket hauls in ODI's, and a Test century, so he isn't too bad.
Tony Blade said:
Rana bowls very well in his first spell but cannot bowl in the death. He almost always provides early breakthroughs.... probably wont be in the team when Shabbir's back though
But quite often, we see scores of 3/72 (including an over where 17 runs were scored of 1 ball) and 2/82 against Zimbabwe- this present Zim team. He's not a contender for a strike bowler, is he?
tooextracool said:
err they finally gave up on him following failure after failure?
Not too many failures, but they change their openers a little too frequently.

tooextracool

International Coach
Arjun said:
Mahmood isn't too bad as a strike bowler- he did quite well in England, although that was a single ODI.
so now we should pick people bases on what they have done in a single ODI then?

Arjun said:
He has a few 5-wicket hauls in ODI's, and a Test century, so he isn't too bad..
and his oh so brilliant averages of 17 and 38 @ 4.59 in the bowling and batting department. you'd be better off with afridi than azhar mahmood.

Arjun said:
Not too many failures, but they change their openers a little too frequently.
not too many failures???
they gave him series after series from 2000 to 2002 where he failed time and time again.
in fact most recently in the asia cup he failed yet again in his 4 games averaging 13.
seriously how many more games than 61 can you give a guy who averages 23?

bryce

International Regular
i see that pakistan have named the 2004 under 19 world cups 2nd leading wicket taker riaz afridi for their upcoming test series against sri lanka aswell as the keeper from that under 19 side

la28

Cricket Spectator
Imran Nazir

I think Imran Nazir should be given a shot. Yeah he's failed but he's one of the very very few pakistani batsmen with class. I mean look at the difference in the way Shoaib malik and imran nazir bat. sure, malik may get runs but there's not even the smallest sign of class in him. I would never call him, yasir hameed, or actually any of the curretn pakistani batsmen classy or stylish. Imran's got some great talent and I dont think Pakistan should waste that due to a few failures. He came back into the side for a few games this year but Pakistan needs to be more patient with youngsters. You shouldnt give anyone a free pass to stay in the team but have the patience and give them some confidene instead of pressuring them. So in my opinion, instead keeping some no-good sloggers in the team, why not have someone whose batting can make u proud? Since you guys just lost the paktel cup final by over a 110 runs, it would be good to make some changes.