• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Biggest jerks in Cricket

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
Mr. P said:
This thread makes no sense as we can't judge any of these peoples personalities...only their cricket skill...

You could judge if you know them well, a 5 minute conversation means nothing...
Exactly right. People keep saying Glenn McGrath is an @r$ehole, but off the field he is really such a nice guy. He just plays with a lot of passion, like Harbhajan Singh, Murali etc... They're all nice fellows off the ground (of course people are going to have bad moods occasionally, so just because someone says "get out of my way" doesn't mean they are always like that).

twctopcat

International Regular
I think a lot of the time it is just an act on the field, how they act stays on the wicket and all that, though Mcgrath is just a bit of a c*** to be fair. I always thought Warney was pretty bad but i met him in a bar one night with the rest of the hampshire team and he was a good laugh, quite accomodating considering the amount of attention he got.

FRAZ

International Captain
Mr Casson said:
Exactly right. People keep saying Glenn McGrath is an @r$ehole, but off the field he is really such a nice guy. He just plays with a lot of passion, like Harbhajan Singh, Murali etc... They're all nice fellows off the ground (of course people are going to have bad moods occasionally, so just because someone says "get out of my way" doesn't mean they are always like that).
LoL..
I know in a sense that this thread can divert obviously sooner or later towards Aussies , So yeah you are right ........ LOL.....

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Deja moo said:
Just when I thought Warne was an okay guy , acknowledging the ovation from the crowd on achieving the world record and behaving pretty well , he goes and spoils it all by bullying Parthiv Patel.

What exactly is this incident?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
twctopcat said:
I always thought Warney was pretty bad but i met him in a bar one night with the rest of the hampshire team and he was a good laugh, quite accomodating considering the amount of attention he got.

He never turns away attention in a bar (usually it ends up with a number and some messages...;))

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Last time Australia toured NZ, Warne was involved in an accident where a boy took a picture of him smoking. Warne saw the boy & tried to take the camera off him.

Im not exactly sure whether the boy knew Warne was smoking or whether it was by accident.

Deja moo

International Captain
marc71178 said:
What exactly is this incident?

The bowler was ready to bowl, but Parthiv Patel want ready to face him yet. Warne ,at slip, felt that the batsman was delaying and trying to put off the bowler . So he gave Patel a mouthful . Parthiv was visibly stunned by that performance.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Deja moo said:
The bowler was ready to bowl, but Parthiv Patel want ready to face him yet. Warne ,at slip, felt that the batsman was delaying and trying to put off the bowler .
And you're definite it was as black and white as that, and Patel wasn't delaying (bearing in mind it was at a time when Aus were getting on top and wanted to get on with the game?)

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Biggest JERKS in cricket ?

Ian Mckiff, Shoaib, Murali, Gilchrist. Flintoff might soon 'acquire' one if he doesnt take care :D :D

FRAZ

International Captain
Shoaib Shoaib Shoaib Shoaib , Shoaib did this , Shoaib did that ....... What else can you expect from a person of his pace .....

Deja moo

International Captain
marc71178 said:
And you're definite it was as black and white as that, and Patel wasn't delaying (bearing in mind it was at a time when Aus were getting on top and wanted to get on with the game?)

Even if that was true, theres always an umpire to turn to. Theres no need to argue with a batsman , on two occaisions at that

Eclipse

International Debutant
SJS said:

Ian Mckiff, Shoaib, Murali, Gilchrist Flintoff might soon 'acquire' one if he doesnt take care :D :D
I doubt you will find one other person in this world who thinks Gilchrist is a jerk.

KennyD

International Vice-Captain
i happen to agree. Check the screws buddy, one must be loose, No way is Gilly are jerk...

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Eclipse said:
I doubt you will find one other person in this world who thinks Gilchrist is a jerk.
I am sorry. I thought you guys would get it either from the list or from my use of the phrase 'acquire a jerk' !

I was referring to the jerk in their bowling actions.

AND I thought I was being witty :wacko:

Et tu Fraz :blink:

PS and the gilchrist here is the former West Indies fast bowler :sleep:

Swervy

International Captain
SJS said:

Ian Mckiff, Shoaib, Murali, Gilchrist. Flintoff might soon 'acquire' one if he doesnt take care :D :D

heh..Gilchrist??????

and Flintoff??????? wtf...

Swervy

International Captain
SJS said:
I am sorry. I thought you guys would get it either from the list or from my use of the phrase 'acquire a jerk' !

I was referring to the jerk in their bowling actions.

AND I thought I was being witty :wacko:

Et tu Fraz :blink:

PS and the gilchrist here is the former West Indies fast bowler :sleep:
haha..ok,,get 'it' now. :D